Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 382

Thread: '93 VR4 State of the Union

  1. #151
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Hahah... Alright, I'll buy an air hammer

    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

  2. #152
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    Hahah... Alright, I'll buy an air hammer

    Well isn't that nifty. I'll have to remember that one. Though pressing in the new mount with a hydraulic press was a lot easier than using a vice.

  3. #153
    DR-750 club Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

    Location
    Portland, Texas
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 172 Times in 124 Posts
    That video was just damn sexy
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

  4. #154
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FeaRpb View Post
    That video was just damn sexy
    You like ex-pat Eastern-bloc guys, Steven?
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

    Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

  5. #155
    DR-750 club Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

    Location
    Portland, Texas
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 172 Times in 124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    You like ex-pat Eastern-bloc guys, Steven?

  6. #156
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts


    Made what I needed on the lathe... 1.85 id, 1.99 step od... fit perfectly. No fire, no toxic fumes, no mess. The knurled rod has a 1.75 od.

  7. #157
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    No fire??? Wuss. Bring out your inner redneck
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

  8. #158
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    The 2nd diff support assy took 30 mins... now the rear member with 2 bushings... this took a lil creativity...


  9. #159
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post


    Made what I needed on the lathe... 1.85 id, 1.99 step od... fit perfectly. No fire, no toxic fumes, no mess. The knurled rod has a 1.75 od.
    Man I love those blocks you have for your press. Did you buy them separately or did they come with the press? I just got the brick looking ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  10. #160
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    They came with it.

    The Pampena aluminum rear diff bushings are awesome. I don't notice any additional vibration over my solid motor mounts, and they completely eliminated the 'clunk' when I shift (the aluminum driveshaft I installed a while back eliminated a ton of this clunk/slack as well). All 4 of my original mounts were cracked (~117k). Relatively easy install, too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering