Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 382

Thread: '93 VR4 State of the Union

  1. #131
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FeaRpb View Post
    As far as I know, nobody has pushed it to it's limit so nobody knows yet.
    That's because the limitation isn't in the ECU, it's the MAFs.

    Run a MAF that goes beyond the limitations of an EVO MAF (which in itself isn't even known), you're set for life.

    2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

    99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

    "I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

  2. #132
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FeaRpb View Post
    A. Cost
    B. Community Support
    C. Always something in the works for it
    D. Supporting the members who made it what it is (A fellow Texas 3S member sells his own kit)
    E. Ease of tuning (Seems way easier then AEM)

    ...

    As far as I know, nobody has pushed it to it's limit so nobody knows yet.

    Once I max these 1000cc inj's out, I will be swapping to chrome and 2000cc injs

    I really don't want to let 'A' or 'D' influence this decision. 'C' seems like a minor inconvenience to me, actually... Between Ray, Grayson, etc, I think I have enough community support to keep 'B' from being an issue as well.

    You're going to max out 1000cc injectors on what? E85 + piggybacks? Why not start out on the Chrome or make the swap to Chrome right after you get your engine running / broken-in?
    Last edited by AdamVR4; 07-29-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

  3. #133
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg E View Post
    That's because the limitation isn't in the ECU, it's the MAFs.

    Run a MAF that goes beyond the limitations of an EVO MAF (which in itself isn't even known), you're set for life.
    Thanks. I figured it would be the MAF's ability to count air that would get maxed out. What's the most power documented through an EVO MAF?

  4. #134
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Mellon did well over 700 whp with it. The thing to be wary of is at what point do the turbos draw a vacuum in the intake tubes because the sensor itself can't flow the air.

    I so badly wish my car was ready so I could continue to do more testing and show results to you guys. A theory I'm working on is that a hacked stock MAF can be a better alternative to the EVO MAF.

  5. #135
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    Took me a minute to realize you meant speed density... I don't think my LT1 MAF in blow thru is much of a source of pressure drop, so I don't see this as a major advantage. That said, how many high power 3S's or DSM's run blow through MAF's? Are there any beyond 700 WHP?


    Are the fail safe and flex fuel option the only features the AEM EMS s2 has over the Chromed ECU's?
    Matt ran a Ford Cobra sensor in a C&L 80mm blow-thru housing to 1093AWHP with more room to go so I'm sure running a big enough MAF in blow-thru is no issue. I ran close to the same maf in a slightly smaller housing using the same location post intercooler and had no issues once I was able to get it not to leak boost.

    They're not the only features but I don't know the software enough to give them all. You can ask Greg about the switchable maps, flex fuel capabilities, and external sensor compatibility since he tested it.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

  6. #136
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBringer View Post
    Have you ever looked into the Rush Racing Antilag box? Rush Racing Development It builds boost instantaneously like a "real" 2-step/antilag. I have the older single-button version and it works amazingly well. On the stock twins at would build 15psi at 4800RPM in about 2 seconds; on the 6266 it will open the wastegate and shoot a nice fireball under the car almost instantly.




    I should have listened to you from the beginning. I'll yank the WOT Box and give this unit a shot.

  7. #137
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts


    AEM's timing retard 2-step. Can build as much boost as you want without all the plug fouling and annoying popping noise. IIRC Bill's car will build 20+ psi on DR1300's on the line if he wants.. The trick is to retard the timing, not cut it. I've been trying to emulate the settings in chrome but haven't got very far, it keeps cutting the ignition before the retard kicks in enough to hold the RPM. I have too much on my plate right now to get with Greg and figure it out. As of right now, the Chrome 2 step fouls my plugs instantly.

  8. #138
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    That's weird the deafailt chrome 2 step settings worked fine for me.


    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

    Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

  9. #139
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    July 2005

    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 92 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post


    AEM's timing retard 2-step. Can build as much boost as you want without all the plug fouling and annoying popping noise. IIRC Bill's car will build 20+ psi on DR1300's on the line if he wants.. The trick is to retard the timing, not cut it. I've been trying to emulate the settings in chrome but haven't got very far, it keeps cutting the ignition before the retard kicks in enough to hold the RPM. I have too much on my plate right now to get with Greg and figure it out. As of right now, the Chrome 2 step fouls my plugs instantly.
    If it fouls your plugs instantly, something is wrong. I've done countless 2 step tests for Greg and have not once fouled my plugs.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson


  10. #140

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering