Looks good man, and you have a nice open space for the engine teardown too!
Looks good man, and you have a nice open space for the engine teardown too!
if you cant fix it with a hammer...then you have an electrical problem
subbed
Sorry to hear about the car. Good call on removing the bumper. I didn't once and put a nice gash/scratch in it. I took it off this time!
1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.
You sure you didnt somehow stuff some of that gravel into the bellhousing?
Finally got time to pull the motor. Mike (VR4Exige) and his cousin Tuan helped make sure nothing snagged on the pull. After I did the pull I separated the transmission and then removed the flywheel. Ohnoo's tool cam in handy once again as I mounted the balancer back on the crank and lowered the engine to where the tool was wedged on the ground while I loosened all the flywheel bolts. Didn't take any pics on the hoist but here's the engine mounted up to the stand. I didn't realize the rear back exhaust cam was different at first and then I noticed why - it has a blade on it that gets detected by the cam angle sensor. A little rotation of the crank allowed the sensors to clear the blades for safe removal. While I was doing all this Mike noticed my DS motor mount was sitting in a pool of oil. The mount was shot but never leaked out much while in the car. The rear and trans mounts were pretty much shot as well so they will all be replaced.
Somethings missing from here:
And here's the obligatory celebration pic:
![]()
Your car will be faster than shit now....under.....JIM POWA!!!!!
*sorry you have to go through this Jim.....
When does the tear down start?
Bob.
95 Caracus Red Spyder VR4 (sold 6/12/21 )
Cianci FG Viper Hood/Aerocatch Pins
Quad Carbon Fiber Tipped Borla Catback
Stock 18" 6 Spoke Chromies
K&N FIPK
Indiglo Gauges
JimVR4's Remote Start/Top Op Computer
92 Wheat Beige Metallic Stealth TT (sold 6/14/20)
OhioSpyderman Short Shifter (in both!!!)
SBC-iD Boost Controller (in both!!!)
Oldest son - 94 Danube Blue VR4 (sold 10/19)
Middle son - 93 Panama Green VR4
Wow, that is so clean, looks like its done and ready to go back in lol.
Yeah, good call on bumper removal. I ended up removing the fenders as well. Scratched the crap out of them during my last venture into the engine bay, so was extra paranoid.
Looking good so far. Interested in seeing what damage is there.
Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
"Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" ..
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks