Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 131

Thread: Overheating with TD05 turbochargers

  1. #31
    Forum User supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Bounemouth, UK
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    me? 2" 3sx single-pass & a scoote 2 (i.e. the hood j-fast has empirically demonstrated to have the best cooling abilities out of any currently available hoods).
    How did the 6 vent Carbon Fibre PRM hood in my signature do?
    Jeff

  2. #32
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    I've yet to test a PRM. I've tested the OEM Stealth, OEM VR-4, DEFT, 599, Scoote, Evo, and Viper. I would love to see the PRM in action though. Any chance you can buy a smoke bomb, drop it in a tin can and secure it in your engine bay and go for a driveand record the smoke signature? You can always tuft wool it. Rep for that test for sure, no one has ever tested a PRM. You should do it and post the results in the aero thread.
    Last edited by J. Fast; 05-05-2012 at 05:53 AM.

  3. #33
    Forum User supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Bounemouth, UK
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    I will have to wait until I get it running properly, for some reason I am not able to get it running on cylinder #4, going through a process of ilimination at the moment.
    I will try the tuft test & smoke bomb if I can find somewhere to secure it in the engine bay.
    The Seibon 6 vent hood is similar although the top midle vent is the wrong way round.
    Jeff

  4. #34
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigchamp View Post
    I will have to wait until I get it running properly, for some reason I am not able to get it running on cylinder #4, going through a process of ilimination at the moment.
    I will try the tuft test & smoke bomb if I can find somewhere to secure it in the engine bay.
    The Seibon 6 vent hood is similar although the top midle vent is the wrong way round.
    Jeff
    no way in hades does the prm knockoff with the backward vent cool effectively. that's the most bass-ackwards design ever--after possibly that ebay n/a downpipe.

  5. #35
    Known as SLGuy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2000

    Location
    Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Here is one more question. For those running an A/C condenser fan on the driver's side, how did you modify it to mount it since the shroud bolt holes are in a different location than the factor radiator fan?

  6. #36
    Known as SLGuy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2000

    Location
    Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Here's a fan that outflows the flex-a-lite
    Derale Cooling Products 18212 - Derale Performance High Output Single RAD Fans - Overview - SummitRacing.com

    I may try this. Can our radiators support a 14" fan, or do I need to stay with a 12" fan?

  7. #37
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    '09

    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    2,604
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 131 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulL View Post
    Here is one more question. For those running an A/C condenser fan on the driver's side, how did you modify it to mount it since the shroud bolt holes are in a different location than the factor radiator fan?
    It is turned upside down.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mb3000 For This Useful Post:


  9. #38
    Known as SLGuy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2000

    Location
    Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulL View Post
    Here is one more question. For those running an A/C condenser fan on the driver's side, how did you modify it to mount it since the shroud bolt holes are in a different location than the factor radiator fan?
    Any opinions at all on the derale fans? I notice they have quite a bit more current draw than the flex-a-lites, although I do not know how much current the stock fans draw.

  10. #39
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    I used a set of Perma-Cools in pusher form, in the front of the radiator(I had no a/c). Solved all of my heat issues as well as brought my IAT's down significantly. Kit was bought from Summit, and was $189.78. This was in 2006, I do not know how much it is now, nor do I remember the exact part number either(or if it even still exists for that matter). Between the two fans they were moving around 6,000 cfm.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  11. #40
    Known as SLGuy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2000

    Location
    Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Summit still sells permacool dual fans that flow 5900 cfm, but they definitely aren't cheap. However, it makes me wonder on the actual effeciency of these fans. The cfm rating is more than twice the flex-a-lite low profile fans but the current draw is less than them....unless permacool's motors are that much more effecient than flex-a-lite's motors.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering