Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: The Official 2012 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

  1. #71
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    I was only able to watch it for a split second from the default half-court view before I involuntarily closed the tab. I don't even understand how that happened. It looked like a routine play with no contact. I assumed he had fallen into a chair or something...
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

  2. #72
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    Freak thing, no doubt, and pretty damn gruesome.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

    Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

  3. #73
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Maybe he had a hairline fracture that he didn't know about? Really odd.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  4. #74
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    I always wonder about stuff like that; when I wrecked my left knee (the first time) I was just basically stepping off my CR250 cuz it was coming over on me - only going 15-20 mph - and my foot came down normally/linearly - should have been a piece of cake, right?

    But no - took out my ACL and tore the medials.

    I thought it was just really bad luck, but after I'd screwed-up both knees a few more times, I had them 'scoped by Tom Mohr, one of the Packers' doctors, and he diagnosed cruciate insufficiency and notch stenosis, both likely congenital in origin.

    Poor kid - hope he doesn't come out of it so paranoid he can't play anymore.

    I figure most of my subsequent knee problems had to do with stupid compensatory habits I developed because I was scared.

  5. #75
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    on that note, kevin, back injuries are almost never one-time. they tend to be the result of cumulative stress over time--which is why severe pain can show up for a relatively low-stress activity.

  6. #76
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    on that note, kevin, back injuries are almost never one-time. they tend to be the result of cumulative stress over time--which is why severe pain can show up for a relatively low-stress activity.
    Oh, agreed, and at this point on my life, I can say that every back injury I have ever suffered has had a cumulative effect - I never hurt myself once without doing permanent damage.

    I was invincible until I was about sixteen.

    That wasn't long enough.

  7. #77
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    so witchita st. just completely threw the game away in about 8 minutes. it was disgusting to watch.

  8. #78
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Decatur, TN
    Posts
    1,671
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
    They called the entire first half and the first few minutes of the 2nd realllly tight. Louisville didn't really start making a run until the officials just kind of let them play. Credit to Louisville for taking advantage of it. I think that the call at the end was very quick for a possession call though. Take that away, and you probably have a phenomenal ending.
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

  9. #79
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
    credit to the ref for finishing the game off! Nice job ref...

    rofl... I think his relative had money on Louisville...

    Y! SPORTS
    real 3s'ers have NoCar transfer cases...

  10. #80
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    The Big House.
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 126 Times in 98 Posts
    Wow, Michigan trying to give it away there at the end it seemed...almost like they thought the point of the foul shot was to miss. Thankfully they held it together, Monday should be good game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering