Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 579

Thread: Project WDE Talon

  1. #31
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    I'm not sure when I'll get to work on the car again. We still don't have power so I'm still staying with my parents 300 miles away! We have a vacation planned near this area at the end of this week so we might not be home again until the 17th!

    I've been doing a lot of looking around at other people's builds and am gathering some pretty sweet ideas. Hopefully I can incorporate them into this low-cost build.

    I'm STILL debating on whether or not I should go wingless. I saw one build last night without a wing and it looked pretty baller. The weight savings would be most welcome, too.

    I already know what color I'm going to paint the car as well as what materials will be used. I'm keeping it a secret though. I think it will be a ton of fun.

  2. #32
    11 sec FWD! (old name: 94atxvr2)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004 ****Click my home page for videos*****

    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Sorry I never got a wingless pic, but my video and launch pic are wingless but I dont know how much you can see. The ABS is crappy and does take up room. I used a STM abs delete kit but that was like 150 bucks. But from my last part out I do have a non abs prop valve I will sell for pretty cheap. I know they are harder to fine but I dont see me ever needing it because I dont think mine will ever go bad. Let me know if you would like it. Here is a pic of a 1ga without a wing. It is the guy who is going to be my competition this year at the shootout for DST class. If you had a 1gb like me I would say do not do it unless you really like the look because my wing weighed less than 2lbs total. This guy says his 1ga weighed 16lbs though so that is a decent savings. Prep work for chasing 16G records - DSM Forums

    92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto = 10.61@127.8 (1.4 60ft)
    94 3000gt SL 8:1TT 5spd getrag = 11.87@123 (1.8 60ft)
    91 3000gt VR4 13gs = 11.61@115 (1.59 60ft)

  3. #33
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Thanks, I'll let you know about the prop valve. I'd love to have an adjustable one but I don't know the first thing about tuning those much less installing them.

    The drawback to leaving the wing off is having to fill all those holes! I don't have a welder and I don't know how to weld. It's a decision that doesn't have to be made at this time though.

  4. #34
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Got the calipers in for my brake upgrade. Going to give them a rust cleaner bath and paint them up. Also cleaned up the front rotors. I need to have them turned.

    I need to tap an NPT hole in the water tube and get an NPT fitting on there. I should also do this for the water housing for optimal fit, getting rid of the nipple. My 3/8" hose refuses to fit over it.

    SS braided lines and fancy fittings are not good for budget builds!!! But they are totally necessary if you are getting rid of the hard lines on the turbo. The damn things get HOT.

    Hopefully the motor starts okay. I'm not worried about it being 100%, I just want to make sure it actually runs. I'll worry about tuning it in the later stages. If everything turns out okay I'll move on to getting the car painted.

  5. #35
    1993 rt/tt Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    wa state
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 181 Times in 119 Posts
    nicely done sir...

    ...chiming in because i have a 1G ECU for sale that was reworked with new caps and burned for evo 560 injectors...all to run my big 16G turbo.

    i also have ported exhaust manifold and O2 housing (by slowbow if i recall correctly) on my shelf that i have no use for anymore

  6. #36
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    I have the ECU covered but if I need the ported items I'll let you know.

  7. #37
    |RLII Photography| Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Rocket City, AL
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Don't go wingless.

    Does it run yet???
    1994 Mariana Blue Pearl Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    DR-650s and supporting, PST CFDS, Volk GT-Cs, Tein Flex, among other things

    Feb. 06 3SI ROTM - Best AWD BRG 07 - 3rd Place 2G 07 3/S National Gathering - People's Choice BRG 08
    BRG 2011 Total Package - NG11 Car Show 1st Place

    2010 Space Gray E90 335i M-Sport 6MT - 400whp/450wtq
    2002 Jet Black E53 X5 4.4i AWD - Bavarian Workhorse

  8. #38
    Banned Not Verified Blackmount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Owner Since
    Mid-April 2011.

    Location
    Monroe WI
    Posts
    1,466
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
    Keep the wing. The 5 piece talon wing u have is severely rare, also beautiful. I got a butt load of dsm parts and a running but not driving parts car. Let me know if interested.

  9. #39
    1993 rt/tt Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    wa state
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 181 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTyla View Post
    I have the ECU covered but if I need the ported items I'll let you know.
    roger that sir...

    ...and i say go wingless unlike the other yahoos

  10. #40
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VR4Rob View Post
    Don't go wingless.

    Does it run yet???
    I'm going to Harbor Freight to pick up a tap handle and a 1/2" drill bit. If I can get this water pipe tapped I can try to start it this weekend.

    You are welcome to come over and help...and drive over the VR4 so I can fap. :P

    BTW I voted for you on that site. You are destroying everyone right now.

    Blackmount - if I need anything I'll hit you up. I'm sure I'll run into something eventually.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering