Page 1494 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414921493149414951496150415441594 ... LastLast
Results 14,931 to 14,940 of 17382

Thread: DeMotivators

  1. #14931
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    Depends on where you are from. I drove my first car at 12, first 18 wheeler at 15, first motorcycle at like 10, shot my first gun at like 7. Basically an unsupervised childhood, great way to learn self-reliance, independence, and responsibility. Something today's youth is sorely lacking and this country is dying because of it.
    That's pretty much how I grew up, too. But, I'm talking late 70's early 80's. I remember sitting on my Dad's lap at about age 5 driving up a 6 lane main thoroughfare. He was very liberal with my control of the steering wheel also. You'd be drawn and quartered for doing that today!

    When I turned 11, I basically never saw my parents (they owned a night club) and basically raised myself. Yes, high school was beyond kick ass for me. No supervision, no (enforceable) curfew.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  2. #14932
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    That's pretty much how I grew up, too. But, I'm talking late 70's early 80's. I remember sitting on my Dad's lap at about age 5 driving up a 6 lane main thoroughfare. He was very liberal with my control of the steering wheel also. You'd be drawn and quartered for doing that today!

    When I turned 11, I basically never saw my parents (they owned a night club) and basically raised myself. Yes, high school was beyond kick ass for me. No supervision, no (enforceable) curfew.

    Jeremy
    yeah, but would you allow your own kids to have the same liberties? growing up, i saw a lot of baby boomers who were "woodstock" mindset and they were wild and partied hard, but wouldn't let their kids do the same...

  3. #14933
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    I don't see why not? Just because I didn't see my parents much doesn't mean I wasn't taught decent moral sense. My Dad was 82nd airborne, served in Berlin well before the wall came down. Not exactly a pushover kind of guy...

    Jeremy

  4. #14934
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    Depends on where you are from. I drove my first car at 12, first 18 wheeler at 15, first motorcycle at like 10, shot my first gun at like 7. Basically an unsupervised childhood, great way to learn self-reliance, independence, and responsibility. Something today's youth is sorely lacking and this country is dying because of it.
    Pretty much the way I was raised. My parents are libs also.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  5. #14935
    My Give a Damn is busted Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 375 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    Depends on where you are from. I drove my first car at 12, first 18 wheeler at 15, first motorcycle at like 10, shot my first gun at like 7. Basically an unsupervised childhood, great way to learn self-reliance, independence, and responsibility. Something today's youth is sorely lacking and this country is dying because of it.
    more or less the same here. I used to drive my mom's bf back from the golf course because he was to drunk to drive. I was 14. never wore a helmet when I rode a bike growing up. hell if you did wear a helmet the other kids made fun of you. when I learned to swim as a child I remember my mom literally throwing me in the pool telling me to figure it out. I was screaming, "I can't swim". she'd yell back, "yes you can. your head is above the water and you're talking to me.". hard to argue with that logic. I basically roamed free in the neighborhood and sometimes in the small downtown area near us. today I'd be dead and/or at least kidnapped.
    www.fairtax.org
    We ride around with Turbos the size of Lil' Bow Wow
    2009/2010 3SI National Gathering Fastest Stock Suspension
    I killed www.bawcforums.org on 11-04-09

  6. #14936
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    yeah, but would you allow your own kids to have the same liberties?
    Yes, and damn sure will they understand personal responsibility. If they screw up they WILL understand there's nobody but themselves to blame for their actions.

  7. #14937
    My Give a Damn is busted Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 375 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    Yes, and damn sure will they understand personal responsibility. If they screw up they WILL understand there's nobody but themselves to blame for their actions.
    I totally agree and think this is a good parenting stragety that to many are lacking today. that being said the state would probably take the kids away if anything happened and someone filed a report. welcome to the Pussification of Merica'.

  8. #14938
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    NBA finals concession prices...


  9. #14939
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    The Big House.
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 126 Times in 98 Posts
    Might be better in the motivator thread but f it, it's Friday!


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vantage For This Useful Post:


  11. #14940
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    The Big House.
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 126 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    NBA finals concession prices...

    That can't be real...

Page 1494 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414921493149414951496150415441594 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering