Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 108

Thread: I'm disappointed, y'all.

  1. #61
    Thermal Engineer- Mmbr Since:8/2005 verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    6/2005

    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    730
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I think this post alone means most people don't have to worry about it.

    Why dude? Why? You do realize you have brought this all on yourself?

    Here try this one

    Social Skills Test
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    118 and as said IQ points prove nothing. Hell I took one before and got a 132 on it.
    It is both profoundly ironic and saddening that DRMBLDR provided a clear case study on the Dunning-Kruger Effect by attempting to appear as an expert on Dunning-Kruger.

    No, IQ is not relevant here. I'm not even quite sure where that came from. Dunning-Kruger is a theory applied in 'expert versus non-expert' scenarios, but not necessarily high IQ versus low IQ.

    In a nut shell, experts remain mired in self-doubt while non-experts are woefully unaware of their own foolhardy ignorance. In the DRMBLDR example above, DRMBLDR ignorantly links Dunning-Kruger to a randomly google searched IQ test (we'll get to that later) and no one calls him on it. Classic outspoken non-expert being plain wrong while the knowledgeable sit on the sidelines letting the animals run the zoo. You are the Dunning-Kruger effect, you dolt. All you had to do was read the encyclopedia page, but that was too tough, wasn't it?

    Regarding the extremely questionable IQ test, it is a red herring. To be clear, IQ is simply a measure of the rate at which we formulate patterns and has a link to the rate at which we learn new information. Not only that, but you took a free online IQ test from bullshittests.com. How is that even remotely credible, even assuming that IQ was somehow meaningful?

    Where is the test for honesty, integrity and other meaningful characteristics that define what it is to be a decent human being? Oh right, that's real life. It is the grand sum total of our actions, words and the way we treat others.

    My momma didn't raise a liar.

    '92 3000GT Base ATX converted to MTX - Parted Out
    '91 Stealth ES MTX - Fastest NA FWD at NG11 Drags - SOLD
    '91 Stealth RT/TT Check out my blog
    '10 Jetta TDI MTX - 6 speed: 50MPG Highway
    Rest In Peace, My Brother SGT. R. Evans Taylor: Apr 23 '83 - Oct 14 '11

  2. #62
    Thermal Engineer- Mmbr Since:8/2005 verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    6/2005

    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    730
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts


    I scored 0%, feel free to post up your test scores.

    Alex

  3. #63
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts

    Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

  4. #64
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts

    I'm disappointed, y'all.

    140 while driving down the interstate at 70mph. Guess you could knock off a few for stupidity. Do I get a cookie? (I'll admit to an educated guess on one or two but hey it's multiple choice) Little lower than formal ones that I have taken but I am multi-tasking Not sure what relevance this has on a car forum?

    Maybe I have proven worthy to ask for the 800awhp uncorrected graph again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex3000gt View Post
    It is both profoundly ironic and saddening that DRMBLDR provided a clear case study on the Dunning-Kruger Effect by attempting to appear as an expert on Dunning-Kruger.
    *mindblown*
    Last edited by familyMAN; 04-16-2014 at 02:22 AM.
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

  5. #65
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex3000gt View Post
    It is both profoundly ironic and saddening that ... provided a clear case study on the Dunning-Kruger Effect by attempting to appear as an expert on Dunning-Kruger.

    No, IQ is not relevant here. I'm not even quite sure where that came from. Dunning-Kruger is a theory applied in 'expert versus non-expert' scenarios, but not necessarily high IQ versus low IQ.

    In a nut shell, experts remain mired in self-doubt while non-experts are woefully unaware of their own foolhardy ignorance.
    Hardly has anything to do with experts. As it's my understanding after doing my own light reading you're actually the one symptomatic of Dunning-Kruger.

    Dunning and Kruger so state in their research:

    Dunning and Kruger tested students on a series of criteria such as humour, grammar, and logic and compared the actual test results with each student's own estimation of their performance.
    Those who scored well on these tests were shown, consistently, to underestimate their performance. This is not terribly surprising and can be explained as a form of psychological projection: those who found the tasks easy (and thus scored highly) mistakenly thought that they would also be easy for others...

    More interestingly, and the subject of what became known as the Dunning-Kruger effect, those who scored lowest on the test were found to have "grossly overestimated" their scores.
    Source: Kruger, Justin; David Dunning (1999). "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 77 (6): 1121–34.

    I don't see any talk about expertise in what the D-K effect is. You're lost in competence and intelligence and can't even sift thru something yourself and pull out the key points. There's no expert talk in there... not one mention in any of their studies or research. I bolded how D-K came to be as defined by said creators... so?

    IQ, although it has no direct implications on D-K, is synonymous because IQ provides a gauge for an individuals capacity to learn and offers insight into their confidence and approach in solving complex problems and developing solutions...

    I personally like IQ assessments because there's no Google engine, spell checker, logic translator, or handicap improvers. It truly illustrates whether one's dumb as molasses, brilliant, or just a normal brain which falls in the first standard deviations.

  6. #66
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Some of those scores are secret aye guys... LOL

    I got a legacy to raise... peace/out

  7. #67
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    Why are you bragging about an average IQ? I would stick to listing your EFI certs.

  8. #68
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    LOL... The Dunning Kruger effect cited in this thread was taken out of context. It has to do with IQ. It says that people with a low IQ think they're funnier, smarter, and more intelligent than they really are. People with a high IQ underestimate how funny, smart, and intelligent they really are. The hysterics are based on intelligence, grammar, and humor.


    Free IQ Test | Brain Metrix

    My score is a 112.

    I'm betting on seeing 80's and 90's... but you guys can keep your results to yourselves and retard the test as much as you want till you get the outcome you want.
    Bolded for emphasis and relevance.....http://www.brainmetrix.com/iq-definition/...."Roughly 68% of the population has an IQ between 85 and 115."
    Last edited by familyMAN; 04-16-2014 at 01:53 AM.

  9. #69
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    I'd like to point out at this juncture that it is a commonly known FACT that "online IQ tests" regularly return scores higher than a legitimate test would. Just throwing that out there. Several years back, I had one return a score of 141. Just saying.

  10. #70
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    I would agree, considering I literally took this while driving earlier, I wouldn't think a legit one would spit out a number that high while multi-tasking. A legitimate one I took many, many years ago, which I recall as longer than 20 questions yielded 146. Never was that score or this internet score ever relevant in my job or family life. Been at least a decade since I've even thought about the score, but since we are in a d*ck measuring contest with dmbldouche today, and he got under my skin a couple months ago, I'll whip it out.

    Does make you wonder what dmbldr would score on a legit one.
    Last edited by familyMAN; 04-16-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering