Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Newest LCDBC device $230 shipped

  1. #1

    Newest LCDBC device $230 shipped

    Here's the latest tach or remote screen version.



    Some people asked for their LCDBC to do more (ie. monitor EGT or oil pressure readings), this was accomplished by performing some soldering hacks. Now I've made Ext1 (Extra Sensor 1), and Ext2 more accessible with their own headers.

    LCDBC info can be found here:
    http://www.lcdbc.xp3.biz

    http://www.3sgto.org/3000gt-stealth-...knock-etc.html

    $230 shipped to USA or Canada.
    Paypal: antero_jussila@yahoo.com
    Last edited by BlackStealth; 04-15-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Owner Since

    Posts
    182
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
    Oh my god yes.


    I droooooolllll over these, I'll need to put together some scratch


    Hx52 billet 67mm comp wheel, 350Z headers, Custom 4" exhaust, STM avenger intake mod, Denso 1250's, twin walbro 400's, dual pump/dual feed braided lines from tank to rails,Tial 50mm BOV, Tial 60mm wg, Spec 4+ with hub welded and balanced, Rays Bellhousing brace, flash ECU with openport 2.0 tune, MSD coils with KB boost a spark, MSD race ignition wires, Odyssey PC680, CX racing fmic 1000hp core 28x12x4, ABS delete, EGR delete, AC delete, cruise delete, pansy patrol pulley reduction, Vac reduction

  3. #3
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    For the extra sensors do you solder on a header connector and then solder the pigtail harness to the wires of the external sensor? I'll have to look and see which one my LCDBC has. I'm very interested in running an oil pressure and fuel pressure sensor.

    Do you input the scalings for these sensors in the menu somewhere? Also, can the boost default to wastegate in the event the readings for the sensors drop below a certain level?

  4. #4
    Hey quick question, I have the non boost controller version. What would I need to connect it to the obd1 port? I don't want to run it via my aem ems data port. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
    For the extra sensors do you solder on a header connector and then solder the pigtail harness to the wires of the external sensor? I'll have to look and see which one my LCDBC has. I'm very interested in running an oil pressure and fuel pressure sensor.

    Do you input the scalings for these sensors in the menu somewhere? Also, can the boost default to wastegate in the event the readings for the sensors drop below a certain level?
    To make use of the Ext1 and Ext2, headers are soldered on the circuit board, this can be done by me or you. I crimp connectors onto a pigtail, however if you have a crimping tool you too can make your own.

    The previous LCDBC versions is difficult to add Ext1 and Ext2 as you have to solder in wires.

    If you give me the scaling for your oil pressure sensor, and fuel pressure sensor I will add them to the Ext1/Ext2 options list.

    I can do exactly what you want, drop to wastegate pressure in case oil pressure or fuel pressure triggers a threshold.

    If you want to swap your older LCDBC box, I can do it for $70 + shipping costs.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensecs2fame View Post
    Hey quick question, I have the non boost controller version. What would I need to connect it to the obd1 port? I don't want to run it via my aem ems data port. Thanks!
    All LCDBC devices can run a boost solenoid, you just need a boost harness and solenoid. To connect to the OBD1 port, you need a $20 OBD1 cable from me. I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to accomplish, are you using an OBD1 ECU, or AEM EMS ECU?

  7. #7
    I'm running an aem ems but I don't want to tie up the data port. I was wondering if I could use the obd1 port instead of the aem ems port and still get the same data

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensecs2fame View Post
    I'm running an aem ems but I don't want to tie up the data port. I was wondering if I could use the obd1 port instead of the aem ems port and still get the same data
    Well if you're using the AEM EMS v2 you have both a usb and serial port; the serial port can be setup for telemetry serial, and you can use the usb port for configuring the AEM EMS. If you have AEM EMS v1 you only have a serial port, so you have to disconnect the serial cable from the LCDBC when you want to program the AEM EMS.

  9. #9
    Awesome!

    Oil pressure was on my wish list. Very happy you implemented this. Would you be willing to provide a writeup for those of us wanting to modify our existing LCDBCs to implement external sensors, I would have no issue soldering to the pins. What sensors are you currently supporting?
    Last edited by 3krazygt; 04-15-2014 at 04:26 PM.

  10. #10
    Dad verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    01 Apr 03 - Jokes on me

    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 178 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3krazygt View Post
    Awesome!

    Oil pressure was on my wish list. Very happy you implemented this. Would you be willing to provide a writeup for those of us wanting to modify our existing LCDBCs to implement external sensors, I would have no issue soldering to the pins. What sensors are you currently supporting?
    +1. Was wondering where this leaves us with the last version. I bought the thing a while back, still sitting in a box. Since buying, i've already upgraded to the 20mhz chip, and have wanted some of the features of this new version.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering