I went solid due to the new oem tensioner collapsed after sitting 2 week. I had to use a screw driver to get it to return to the pin position. Skerd!
I went solid due to the new oem tensioner collapsed after sitting 2 week. I had to use a screw driver to get it to return to the pin position. Skerd!
Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
"Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" ..

If it is just a spring how can they go bad?
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
Parting 6 speed
Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace
Sounds normal.... Did you turn the motor over before trying to pry it back? Over time the valve springs overcome the tensioner and allow the cams to turn slightly, putting all the slack around the water pump. if you turn the motor over it will recover. Prying the tensioner out just takes up the slack and turns the cams back where they were...
It's a hydraulic dampened spring... If you blow a shock, your car still sits level, but the suspension sure doesn't work very well. The viscous fluid in the tensioner keeps it from compressing rapidly. Without it the tensioner will just bounce around, make a bunch of noise, and probably allow the belt to jump.
Thanks for the belt Bryan. It showed up today and I should have it on later this week.
Parts of this thread have been a good discussion. I'm interested if there will be a difference.
Aaron I did notice this belt was painted and made in Japan. I was hoping I could blame you for the poor paint job![]()
Nothing says you can't blame Aaron for the poor paint job..This is the internet after all
After all this discussion I'm not expecting to see much of a visible difference but never know.
Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts
Which belt did you buy, the Gates?
Yeah. Gates kevlar belt, Ninja solid tensioner.
Will have to check mine to see if paint or rubber.I got the paint/squeal like a pig one last time.
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks