Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Help me pick a new DD!!

  1. #51
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    lol, that would take a solid 50 grand to build. no thank you! they are neat little cars though, and that was a cool video!
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

  2. #52
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    you'd think toyota could put out a sports car priced somewhere between $25,000 and $500,000....

  3. #53
    The one. The only. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

    Location
    SWPA
    Posts
    4,042
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 699 Times in 529 Posts
    I'd personally stay away from GM. I own one and will probably never again, unless I get a Vette.

    If I get this job I am interviewing for tomorrow I am going to double down on payments on the Grand Prix to get rid of it faster then I am probably looking into an AWD G37 Coupe.

    [06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

  4. #54
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    vettes aren't that great...finish wise. fast as hell, but years of reviews saying that everything from the c4 to the c6 has a "cheap interior" really speaks to the brand. they are piss easy to maintain though. every 2 bit mechanic knows how to work on a SBC.

  5. #55
    The one. The only. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

    Location
    SWPA
    Posts
    4,042
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 699 Times in 529 Posts
    The interior is definitely an issue in anything C5 and prior. Reviews I read said the C6 interior, while still not great, was way ahead of the C5.

    Interior look and feel is a big thing to me. I hated the stock tan interior in my Stealth. That is why I swapped the charcoal interior in and why I swapped the black leather in. Hell there was a car the dealership was trying to put me in when I bought my Grand Prix that I wouldn't even consider because of the tan interior. Interior look is why I didn't save a few grand and get a 97-03 Grand Prix instead of the 07. The interior in those look like they belong in a 85 Cavalier.

  6. #56
    Man vs 3/S verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    Kingston, WA
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 171 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    vettes aren't that great...finish wise. fast as hell, but years of reviews saying that everything from the c4 to the c6 has a "cheap interior" really speaks to the brand. they are piss easy to maintain though. every 2 bit mechanic knows how to work on a SBC.
    When I'm going fast on the track the last thing I'm thinking is, "Gee I hope people don't make fun of my cheap interior"

    From the phone.
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

    3SNG15 Best overall




    "I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

  7. #57
    The one. The only. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

    Location
    SWPA
    Posts
    4,042
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 699 Times in 529 Posts
    I think the only real complaint on the C6 interior was the seats lack of bolstering.

  8. #58
    1993 rt/tt Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    wa state
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 181 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    lol, that would take a solid 50 grand to build. no thank you! they are neat little cars though, and that was a cool video!
    Fair enough, now I know you said "no SUV" but trust me when I say these things do NOT drive like an SUV


  9. #59
    -Driftus Maximus- Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Corunna, IN
    Posts
    733
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Someone say G8?

    1st place NG12 - Drags FWD 3S. 16.764 @ 83.88mph
    2nd place NG13 - Drags FWD 3S. 18.862 @ 75.62mph (with spun bearing)

    '92 Stealth ES
    '95 Stealth R/T
    '93 3000GT VR4

  10. #60
    The one. The only. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

    Location
    SWPA
    Posts
    4,042
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 699 Times in 529 Posts
    Stretched SUCKS!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering