Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Help me pick a new DD!!

  1. #41
    My Give a Damn is busted Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 375 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    They claim the power matches the car very well, like more power would make the car less fun. I still want one. I'll wait till the warrantee runs out and buy one used. Then slap a turbo kit on it.
    if "they" means Subaru then of course they're going to say that

    I drove it and it was slow but I still liked it overall and given the warranty I damn near bought the thing. hell had there been a dealer near BRG I probably would have snagged one there.
    www.fairtax.org
    We ride around with Turbos the size of Lil' Bow Wow
    2009/2010 3SI National Gathering Fastest Stock Suspension
    I killed www.bawcforums.org on 11-04-09

  2. #42
    JNS Engineering verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,112
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 155 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    they are if you're a single guy without kids.

    YOLO!
    Or a married guy with grown kids FTW!

    Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

  3. #43
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    if "they" means Subaru then of course they're going to say that

    I drove it and it was slow but I still liked it overall and given the warranty I damn near bought the thing. hell had there been a dealer near BRG I probably would have snagged one there.
    Everyone that drives them says they love them.......and that they are slow. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  4. #44
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Decatur, TN
    Posts
    1,671
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
    Acura TSX with a manual is a lot of fun, but still refined and comfortable when you want it to be. An Acura TL with the SH-AWD is deceptively quick and handles well, but generally pretty expensive even used.

    And I'm sure I'll catch shit for saying it, but I like the Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan. Comfortable, enough pep to suit for a DD, four door, decent fuel economy and they're not terribly expensive. While not in the realm of some of the other cars you want, I would much rather get something towards the lower end of the price scale where somebody else has eaten most of the depreciation on the car and spend about 10-15k myself. Pay it off within 2-3 years to build credit, insurance generally is cheaper, and you can put aside money for a bigger downpayment towards a more expensive toy down the road.
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

  5. #45
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    I'm with you serge. I love the Fusion.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  6. #46
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    I agree, the new Fusion looks great!

    I wish Ford would sell the Falcon over here.

    -John

  7. #47
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    FRS/BRZ. You have a VR-4. You won't care about the FR-S being slow because you're not replacing the VR-4.

  8. #48
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    Or a married guy with grown kids FTW!
    Jim, if you buy an SLK AMG, I want a thread & ISP-crushing high-rez pics.

  9. #49
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    Sorry I haven't gotten to check in... crazy week.

    Lexus IS is a nice car, no doubt. I always wanted one of the 250's with awd but I think only the 350's come with awd. I'll look into them though, good call!

    I hear the same thing about the brz/frs debate. Slow, but fun. I want something a little more... Professional looking I guess. That's the only thing stopping me on those cars. As well as depreciation value and stuff.

    I won't be buying a new car. No way.

    I saw a g8 today and thought about that. I would prefer to stay away from 4 doors, but that's one of the cars I would make an exception to. On a similar note, I have thought about one of the older cuts-v coupes... those are nice.

    I'll check in with what the credit union says after the week after next. Lots of factors to weigh, but I will be making a move towards good credit in one way or another!

    Thanks for all of the responses guys!
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

  10. #50
    1993 rt/tt Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    wa state
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 181 Times in 119 Posts
    Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Everyone that drives them says they love them.......and that they are slow. lol
    Solution...

    Last edited by wingnut; 12-13-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    if you cant fix it with a hammer...then you have an electrical problem


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering