Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 261

Thread: 3.75L Build thread

  1. #201

  2. #202
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    and to greg, i have read that thread. i will be actively keeping an eye open for some other setups... i could be way off on this, but i doubt the stock solenoid is up to the task. the airflow i am pushing is just so high compared to stock. maybe as much as triple when im up at 8000 rpm's
    The stock solenoid isn't even good enough for a stock car. It limits even the stock turbos!

    That's why I'm using a 3-port.

    2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

    99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

    "I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

  3. #203
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    and to greg, i have read that thread. i will be actively keeping an eye open for some other setups... i could be way off on this, but i doubt the stock solenoid is up to the task. the airflow i am pushing is just so high compared to stock. maybe as much as triple when im up at 8000 rpm's
    Are you still on MAFT in blow through?

    Jeff

  4. #204
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    thanks man, ill look into it!

    oh yeah. i dont plan on doing anything else anytime soon... maybe never. unless there is a plug n play setup with blowthru or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by kywhitelightning View Post
    Are you still on MAFT in blow through?

    Jeff
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

  5. #205
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Have you ran it to 8000RPM's yet? What Hz values are you seeing when making power?

    Jeff

  6. #206

  7. #207
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    Jeff, I want to say it was around 3600ish hz. The hz signal is manipulated by the maft (as you know), so really I could make it whatever I want it to be. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I cannot accurately answer your question because if I had to guess, you probably have your maft doing some modifications to your signal as well as the ecu. Both working together. All my maft does is convert from volts to hz... It's zerod out otherwise (set for 360cc injectors). And even if I'm wrong about your maft, you are using a v2 if I remember right, and I can't guarantee that yours and mine convert the exact same or even close. Just too many variables ya know? I'm not trying to be difficult, really hoping you retort with a more intelligent response than mine hahahaha!

    Thanks for the BCS link. I'll have to look into all of these in a few weeks when I go home for Xmas!

  8. #208
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Mine is zeroed out as well.

    I think Greg has mentioned the V1 delivers less in the HZ department per airflow. I was just genuinely curious. I am also curious to see how high you can get it to read. Mine has delivered nearly 4800 so far and if they are reading the same Hz wise per airflow then you will find yourself hitting the same wall with load as mine has. This I fear will mess with your plans for load based BC. Basically, load pegs nearly as soon as I punch it at 299 and stays there usually for the duration of the pull. I'm pretty sure you will be moving lots more air when your issues are sorted so I guess maybe this is just a heads up. If you like I'll send you a log to show you what I'm talking about.

    As you said it can be manipulated but the manipulation in the ecu comes from the maf size. Make the maf bigger and the load cap will rise. Problem is, that is a global change.

    Jeff

  9. #209
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Rpm based boost control would get by this issue but then you would need to be careful with atmospheric changes, I think. LOL

    Jeff

  10. #210
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    Interesting. I had no idea there was a load limit. I lost all of my data because my old computers motherboard took a dive on me... and it's not financially worth saving. I still have a log or two in various places online, ill see what I was hitting.

    Has Greg said anything about being able to raise the cap?

    Also, when I had my maft set to bigger injectors (not on purpose, but it was a teaching tool nonetheless), I had a terrible lean spot that I couldn't tune out of it. Maybe with some more hours of playing with it, but it was quite difficult to try and smooth out. I'll think about this while I'm in the gym and see if I can wrap my mind around the cap and possibility of avoiding it. Thanks for the heads up though man!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering