Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 261

Thread: 3.75L Build thread

  1. #211
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    Welcome back to the land of the living, Gnateworth.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

    Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

  2. #212
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    Interesting. I had no idea there was a load limit. I lost all of my data because my old computers motherboard took a dive on me... and it's not financially worth saving. I still have a log or two in various places online, ill see what I was hitting.

    Has Greg said anything about being able to raise the cap?

    Also, when I had my maft set to bigger injectors (not on purpose, but it was a teaching tool nonetheless), I had a terrible lean spot that I couldn't tune out of it. Maybe with some more hours of playing with it, but it was quite difficult to try and smooth out. I'll think about this while I'm in the gym and see if I can wrap my mind around the cap and possibility of avoiding it. Thanks for the heads up though man!
    I know making the MAF size smaller in ECUflash will lower the perceived cap. It acted the same other than capping it at different levels. Ex. right now I have the MAF size programmed to the stock size in ECUflash and load pegs at 299 in my logs and stays there pretty much for the duration of the pull. A while ago I lowered the MAF size in ECUflash and the load would peg at 264 for the majority of the pull.

    Jeff

  3. #213
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kywhitelightning View Post
    I know making the MAF size smaller in ECUflash will lower the perceived cap. It acted the same other than capping it at different levels. Ex. right now I have the MAF size programmed to the stock size in ECUflash and load pegs at 299 in my logs and stays there pretty much for the duration of the pull. A while ago I lowered the MAF size in ECUflash and the load would peg at 264 for the majority of the pull.

    Jeff
    It occured to me earlier today at work (my mind wanders a lot) that this would be a simple thing to get around if your car is already tuned.

    All you have to do is simply take the new MAF size value / old MAF size value = X%

    Take your load axis in the big tables (remember all 4 fuel and timing maps share this axis), copy/paste them into excell.

    Create a formula that takes the load numbers / X% = new modified load value

    Paste this new load axis into one of the fuel/timing table load axis and your car is now tuned for the larger load numbers.

    2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

    99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

    "I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

  4. #214
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    I question if it would work like that with the meth going in there like it is on mine. I like the theory and maybe if you don't mind giving it a shot I'll send you my tune and you can tweak it like you described.

    The other problem I think I remembered is that with the maf a different size I think the ve table was quite different. I saved all my old tunes so I could look at them to see if everything changed similarly. I only was tweaking the VE table at the time and the fuel table stayed the same.

    Jeff

  5. #215
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kywhitelightning View Post
    I question if it would work like that with the meth going in there like it is on mine. I like the theory and maybe if you don't mind giving it a shot I'll send you my tune and you can tweak it like you described.

    The other problem I think I remembered is that with the maf a different size I think the ve table was quite different. I saved all my old tunes so I could look at them to see if everything changed similarly. I only was tweaking the VE table at the time and the fuel table stayed the same.

    Jeff
    I'll play with it on my car first, then we can see if the results can be recreated on yours.


    Load and Air Volume calculation are 2 separate things. MAF Scaling, MAF adder and MAF Comp (VE table) are used in a completely different area of the code for calcaulating Air Volume which is then used in the IPW calculation.

    Load is only there for table referencing. Load is just MAF pulses * MAF size.

  6. #216
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    That's why for right now it's ok for it to stay static for the duration of the pull. Timing is really easy to follow when there is only one load value lol.

    If I decide to enter the world of ECU boost I think it will throw a wrench in the works. I honestly don't know and am merely speculating. I really want to ramp boost up up top like I have seen others do with the AEM as I feel the engine can handle it.

    Jeff

  7. #217
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts

    3.75L Build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    3. i am tossing around the idea of getting my turbos redone with some billet wheels. i called MTC 3 times, left messages each time, but have still not gotten any kind of response. i am a bit disappointed there...
    I would recommend FP for billet td05's. They have multiple options depending on your power goal with a great rep for reliability. 68HTA (~700awhp), 71HTA (~750), FP Green (800+) or FP red (900awhp) are all good choices for a 3.7.

    Call or email them for best pricing. Mike at FP is on a rampage right now and is making smokin' deals.

    Another option is justin on dsmtuners. He can build you a billet td05 and also has a great rep. I don't know his prices for billet but I am more than satisfied with the 7cm 14bs I bought from him and will likely buy from him again for e16g or billets if/when I upgrade.
    Last edited by familyMAN; 12-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

  8. #218
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 2010

    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,494
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts
    Listen to familyMAN...

    MTC's customer service BLOWS...

    FP/Justin/TurboLab....ALL of them can help you out a lot quicker...

  9. #219
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    I will look into those options, thanks so much for the recommendations! Hopefully I can find something similar in size but produce mo' powa!
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

  10. #220
    Here for the party Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Canaan NH
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 106 Times in 87 Posts
    Who is "fp"?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering