Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 261

Thread: 3.75L Build thread

  1. #221
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    FP is forced performance. They are a well known turbo company... Just like Borg Warner or precision etc

    Jeff, I looked through the few logs I still have. Looks like I was hitting peak load around 270 - 280, and peak airflow was in the mid 4000's. I was only ever at 16psi, my boost controller has never worked well enough for me to have the confidence to turn it up. I guess I was close to maxxing my load and didn't even know.

    After I fix all the little issues with my car, I'm sure it will run significantly better and I will need to fid a fix for that 299 max load. Especially if I go getting billet turbos >
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

  2. #222
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 2010

    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,494
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts
    are you kidding??...lol

    Forced Performance....they make some killer turbos...they know what they're doing.

  3. #223
    GREASE BUNNY
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 94 Times in 68 Posts
    That's an impressive list!

    I think we all struggle with enough time and money but it sounds like you have a plan.

    Everything will come together.
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh Karen, you made me smile today.

  4. #224
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futurevr4man View Post
    FP is forced performance. They are a well known turbo company... Just like Borg Warner or precision etc

    Jeff, I looked through the few logs I still have. Looks like I was hitting peak load around 270 - 280, and peak airflow was in the mid 4000's. I was only ever at 16psi, my boost controller has never worked well enough for me to have the confidence to turn it up. I guess I was close to maxxing my load and didn't even know.

    After I fix all the little issues with my car, I'm sure it will run significantly better and I will need to fid a fix for that 299 max load. Especially if I go getting billet turbos >
    Check your regular email.

    Jeff

  5. #225
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    dont yell at me jeffery!

    i knew exactly what you were talking about before you sent that.

    you should be able to change your maf size and your maft settings to stay below that cap. it gives you less resolution to play with in your tune, but there should still be plenty of room for you to have a solid setup i would think. i am curious what your doubts would be about that... mainly because you can figure it out before i get there bahahahaha!
    Last edited by futurevr4man; 12-07-2013 at 10:32 AM.

  6. #226
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    There's something with that though. Once it peaks, who knows what it should or could go up to. I could stop the Hz from climbing in the translator but then I have to retune.

    Jeff

  7. #227
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    yeah i know what you mean. because of how you are tuning and the methods of control you are using, it really shouldnt affect what you are wanting to do. but like we discussed earlier, if i go with load based boost control, hitting a cap would be a bad thing.

  8. #228
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    A bit of a sneak peak.

    The car is almost done. I have sanded the whole thing once, but plan to go over it once more (1500) then one more time again with 2000.

    Just for fun we buffed a small part of a fender to see what it would look like. The results have me getting excited. I'm not sure if you can see the pearl, but I think it looks fantastic. Oh, and we didn't use any kind of a finishing buff. This is just the first stage, no wax or anything. Just a quick and dirty look image.jpg

  9. #229
    Low & Slow verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fortson, GA
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Was there a paint issue before or are you getting it ready for shows?

    The reflection is certainly crisp. Looking good.

    Jeff

  10. #230
    VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    I didn't know what the paint code was before because the PO painted it a non stock color. Not a big deal if I had a bumper and hood painted to match. But i didn't . This is the pearl white that comes on subarus and the FRS

    Satin white pearl I believe it's called.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering