Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Let's talk about brake fluids. Good/Bad/Oh snap! I'm farmin'!

  1. #31
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximal View Post
    Thanks. Looking for cheaper places but that's way upstate.
    Sure ... it's waay out in the middle of nowhere. Plus it's a really small track. And most people usually just pitch tents for the weekend. Fun in a pinch though!
    Support NG!

  2. #32
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts
    ahhh, the all too common 2 piece rotor conversion.

  3. #33
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    Type 200?
    ATE super blue... 530 dry boil,;350 wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Spalsbury View Post
    YUP!
    Welcome to it. Higher coefficient of friction, higher pad temp, more likely the boil of fluid. Ti backing plates, brake coolers, and higher fluid BP are what's next in your future. :P Or, you'll find out like I did that you may not be boiling it on the track but Torquerather by the rear turbo while sitting still in the pits.
    Seriously though, wait till you put slicks on and go way higher in temp due to additional adhesion. That's when it really starts getting fun. Look into the Torque fluid. Best I've used yet and I've used them all.
    it's definitely not from turbos. I am using aluminum backing plates and Naca collectors with brake cooling hoses. As soon as I upgraded the brake fluid the issue went away. Give me some of your Torque fluid, I'd love to try it!

    Quote Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
    No, it was a combination of heat and braking force (and maybe a manufacturing defect?) that made the hat decide to say F U to the rotor ... centric blank rotor ... but the fluid was fine!

    WOW! That's really scary! Have you since upgraded to a big brake kit with upgraded rotors?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    ATE super blue... 530 dry boil,;350 wet.
    it's definitely not from turbos. I am using aluminum backing plates and Naca collectors with brake cooling hoses. As soon as I upgraded the brake fluid the issue went away. Give me some of your Torque fluid, I'd love to try it!
    Ya, I didn't ever see an issue out on the track, it was more of a holy cow moment really. You've seen the paint discoloration on my firewall, seeing a glowing orange turbo in broad daylight back then (on the 15g's) sitting all of about 4-6 inches from the brake lines made me nervous. I'm sure that's not very good for the fluid no matter what, hehehe. Here's where I got it from...
    Torque RT700? Racing Brake Fluid Technical Specifications

    I'm pretty impressed by the stuff, I'd recommend it to anyone.
    www.stickyvinylgraphics.com
    Custom Stickers & Graphics

    www.chumpcar.com
    Regional Series Promoter for the ChumpCar World Series

  5. #35
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fowlerville, MI
    Posts
    1,251
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    ATE super blue... 530 dry boil,;350 wet.
    That's awfully light colored for super blue.
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    That's awfully light colored for super blue.
    I was gonna say... I remembered super blue to actually be blue.blue.JPG

  7. #37
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    My mistake. It is infact ATE fluid however it's ATE SL6.

  8. #38
    wanderlust
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Chi-town/ATL
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Thank you for the clarification as an ate blue/ typ 200 user myself
    1991 Jamaican Blue 3000gt VR4 || Maddog Performance Engineering|| Roadracers go in deeper and come out harder!

  9. #39
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    WOW! That's really scary! Have you since upgraded to a big brake kit with upgraded rotors?
    Nope, but I decided to try to track a Miata instead! (Sorry for derail ...)
    Last edited by lawdogg; 06-25-2013 at 08:46 PM.

  10. #40
    I'm going to try this fluid as lately I've has some issues with boiling RBF600. I have 355mm Stoptech BBK and Carbotech XP-12 pads up front and freshly rebuilt stock 2G calipers and XP-10s in the rear.

    Oskar

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering