Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 544

Thread: Tuning my DR750s on Chrome

  1. #211
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Decatur, TN
    Posts
    1,671
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    Would you guys get the cargo insurance? Maybe for $1500? The core on the heads would be a lot of they get lost or damaged.
    I'd totally offer to take it up to NY with me, but I'm afraid MO would require swinging a bit out of the way to grab it

    I'd bolt the heads back to the block honestly, strap it all down and probably wrap it in cellophane (keep any external debris from getting in there). Bolt it all together, lay it on it's side using some foam and wood to level it out and cover it, and play it safe.
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

  2. #212
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sergechronos View Post
    I'd totally offer to take it up to NY with me, but I'm afraid MO would require swinging a bit out of the way to grab it

    I'd bolt the heads back to the block honestly, strap it all down and probably wrap it in cellophane (keep any external debris from getting in there). Bolt it all together, lay it on it's side using some foam and wood to level it out and cover it, and play it safe.
    Yeah, I snugged all the head bolts back in and wrapped it in plastic. Used some wood underneath to support by girdle. Also put some pig mat underneath it in case there is any liquid that gets shaken out during shipping. Ratchet strapped to pallet.

    Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

  3. #213
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    rear:



    front



    nice workspace loaned by my wife:



    With the car out of the garage and the floor somewhat cleaned and hosed off it was a lot more fun to break the engine down.

    she's all strapped up and I just have to wait for the uship auction to end or to get a bid I like. Really hoping they can get down to at least 350.

  4. #214
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    Might add another little strap for good measure and I have to find a place to put my oil cooler, but pretty much ready:


  5. #215
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    Decatur, TN
    Posts
    1,671
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 60 Posts
    Hmm..Wonder if you could fit it in the valley between the heads?

  6. #216
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
    Driver will be none to happy if he can't get a pallet jack under that pallet. Probably end up putting your pallet onto a full sized pallet so they can move it around easierr/quicker.

    Jason

    Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's

  7. #217
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    It is exactly the same as a 24" by 24" pallet, which is what I specified on the shipping website. The two ends you can't see are wide open.

  8. #218
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
    I get 24" wide pallets often at work...and they are all on a full size pallet, lol. Hopefully the driver isn't a whiner like the ones that deliver to me are. A normal sized pallet jack doesn't fit under a 24" pallet.

    Jason

  9. #219
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    if he isn't smart enough to bring a pallet jack that has adjustable forks or built for 24" pallets when I specify it is a 24" pallet I don't know what to tell him. I'll have my engine hoist here anyway if necessary.

  10. #220
    Forum User Not Verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Cape Girardeau
    Posts
    4,791
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 296 Times in 214 Posts
    if you guys look close you can actually see the combustion chamber shape on the middle rear cylinder, definitely was hitting the head.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering