makes me wish building codes in the USA were like here in germany.
makes me wish building codes in the USA were like here in germany.
I'm almost 51 and I've seen plenty of twisters. Apparently you've never seen what a 200mph suction vacuum can do to a structure. Most of the houses that were hit were brick and there was nothing but the pad left. It pulled the grass out of the ground. Most "safe" rooms are poured solid 8inches (or thicker) and are reinforced with steel and wire. I know because I used to build houses and did several "safe" rooms. The storm that came through THIS time was probably one of the strongest EVER recorded.
We're used to EF1 -EF4. But this was another breed of twister.
Jeremy posted this in motivator thread but I thought it should be posted in here also.
Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble - CBS News Video
california has building codes designed around the natural disasters common there (earthquakes). OK has no such regulations, to my knowledge.
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks