Honestly this guy should have done way more research on this before giving his GTR and 250k to some crappy shop.
What's the worst thing that can happen?
It get's HUGE attention! Oh snap!
http://jalopnik.com/nissan-gt-r-owne...-tun-504630131
www.stickyvinylgraphics.com
Custom Stickers & Graphics
www.chumpcar.com
Regional Series Promoter for the ChumpCar World Series
God, and I bitch about our cars being expensive..... lol.
I went and re-read the original post again, and read this article and jumped back and forth, and I've changed my opinion a little bit...
I kinda feel for both sides, I've been around enough shops, and their customers in similar situations to know theres always more to the story, and the *absolute worse* such as a situation like this can be named responsible by three sides, and all three BE responsible. (Customer, Employee, and Shop itself.)
Edit: reference to a specific Situation in Tennessee was a Shop called Carma Performance, (where I had my n/a dyno'd a few times, and a few odds and ends done), and a guy nick named Moody, and his supra.
A collection of bad luck, and small mistakes by everyone lead up to a big shit storm, (basically car blew up on the dyno while being tuned) and many people were blamed, Everyone from parts manufacturer for the tuning parts to engine parts...to the engine builder, to the tuner, to the owner, to the gas, etc...
so now a owner with 1 very expensive supra paperweight, a shit storm thread on the forums, and a sour taste in peoples mouths in regarding to the Shop.(it now went to another shop in TN called Track.One and got rebuilt and finished...)
I've personally had a good experience with them (Carma), and I've had a few friends who had extensive custom work done by them that too had good experiences too.... So who knows....
That being said, I still stand by my own work, and it never let other people work on my car, Unless I am working on it too, and I can watch everything and I am still doing majority of the work... I am curious to see how this turns out.
Last edited by Blackmount; 05-13-2013 at 05:52 PM.
I agree with that Blacky, two sides to every story BUT just the pics and money spent (even what the shop said was spent) I'm going to side with the owner. Worm clamps on a GTR, I think not. Like using JB weld on a lambo.
The part that got me, was in the article where the Owner shop comment on those pics and said all those things were for mock up reasons, and were suppose to be taken off the car/fixed before it was completed.
now maybe I'm just gullible, but I can believe that as I've done similar things for such situations just to make things fit, and I would fix them when I was ready to go.
HOWEVER! lol.
It is his responsibility to make sure all that stuff is fixed, and redone properly before the car is returned as a finished product, and some of that stuff is a little steep even with the "mock up excuse", and I agree completely on the Worm clamps... I didn't even like using those on my N/A! lol, T-Bolts at least bro! He
One of the two posts (possibly both, too lazy to look it back up) mentioned that most of the tachs had turned over in the time that their car had been there. If that's the case, odds are there was a larger issue. The GTR owner said he had previously taken the car to Forged with decent results, so hard to fault him for going back. But with both the GTR owner and the G37 owner having issues with it, the quality of the work and the potential turn over of staff, would sound like shop management has ran the business into the ground and the good employees left and now the new guys can't do good work.
Always multiple sides to a story though, and I'm sure the shop owner will have something of his own to add later that may change it.
Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks