Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: EMS Starting And Tuning Help Please

  1. #31
    Advanced Tech? verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 139 Times in 87 Posts
    I know it's possible to roll them forward using their File -> convert tool but don't know if there's a way to automatically roll back the CAL file.
    Maddog Performance Engineering

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by i3igpete View Post
    I know it's possible to roll them forward using their File -> convert tool but don't know if there's a way to automatically roll back the CAL file.
    You have to manually roll back, I just got it to .19 I will roll back the firmware soon and try the file and see what happens.

  3. #33
    Just rolled back to v19 firmware, and converted your cal to the older version. No luck :*( still just cranks

  4. #34
    Advanced Tech? verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 139 Times in 87 Posts
    how open is your idle screw? try opening it all the way, 6 turns or so.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by i3igpete View Post
    how open is your idle screw? try opening it all the way, 6 turns or so.
    I called my self adjusting it today I turned it all the way closed than did 1 and a half rotations open. I will try opening it more tomorrow after work.

  6. #36
    Advanced Tech? verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 139 Times in 87 Posts
    oh yeah thats way too little. when i had my initial cold start problems i had to crack the throttle when starting because not enough air was getting past the idle screw.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by i3igpete View Post
    oh yeah thats way too little. when i had my initial cold start problems i had to crack the throttle when starting because not enough air was getting past the idle screw.
    Alrighty I will open it up some.

  8. #38
    well I'm glad I did not get my hopes up lol. Because it just cranked its ass off once more and that was it.

  9. #39
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts
    So you didn't sync the timing with a timing light when you first started (ECU install)? You really do need to do that properly before anything else.

    As I mentioned in your other thread, your engine temp enrichment curve is probably partially needing to be dialed in. That's why you get differing startup results at different times. Glad my map got your car started but every engine is different so there will be several things to change for your startup smoothing and idle. Accel/Deccel will also be different for your car.

    You cannot tune a car over the internet. Not properly. Maybe I am missing something but why don't you just take the car to a qualified AEM technician to get it setup right? You can then learn the program and fine tune it as you please once setup. Is there no one in your area? Or bring them to you (many people bring the AEM qualified person out to them). Save a lot of time and get it done right. Just my 2 cents.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbyron View Post
    So you didn't sync the timing with a timing light when you first started (ECU install)? You really do need to do that properly before anything else.

    As I mentioned in your other thread, your engine temp enrichment curve is probably partially needing to be dialed in. That's why you get differing startup results at different times. Glad my map got your car started but every engine is different so there will be several things to change for your startup smoothing and idle. Accel/Deccel will also be different for your car.

    You cannot tune a car over the internet. Not properly. Maybe I am missing something but why don't you just take the car to a qualified AEM technician to get it setup right? You can then learn the program and fine tune it as you please once setup. Is there no one in your area? Or bring them to you (many people bring the AEM qualified person out to them). Save a lot of time and get it done right. Just my 2 cents.
    I have never heard of a tuner come out to someones house to tune a car and I know damn sure that they wont do that here lol. To give you a little idea how fucked up tuning in chicago is, I called 10 shops and out of those 10 shops only 2 of them will even tune my car. Only one of those shops have done 3S cars before, he will not come out to my house btw to help me get it started, now if I tow it to him than he will do it. He also told me that he prefers if the car can start when he gets it, so I would like to be able to get it to start. I'm also interested in learning the software as well as some of the tuning, why I want to do it myself. No I did not sync the timing with a light on initial startup, I did not have a light. When the car was running though it couldnt of been off it at all on timing because it idled and ran fine. So I dont think that would make my car not start, also I really would like to figure out if its my car or the tune thats not starting the car, is it mechanical or software. It is starting to get cold here and my interest in this car is starting to fade because of the hell it's giving me. So if I dont get some results in a week or two I'm going to just get my coins together take it to a shop and say finish this car, before I put full coverage on it and set it on fire.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering