I would probably spend it making the car like new or better than new, maybe some minor power mods but thats it.
I would probably spend it making the car like new or better than new, maybe some minor power mods but thats it.
Yep. Go check out Matt's mod list and go add up the cost of everything on his site. You'll be looking at around $15k in parts alone. The engine will still be stock, most of the drivetrain will be stock, stock wheels, stock suspension, stock body, and stock interior with the exception of a few gauges. $15k won't get you too far but with that budget I'd stick with TD04s or a basic TD05 E16 build with 680cc injectors, MBC, MAFT, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump with hotwire, FMIC, boost gauge, wideband, datalogger, copper plugs, and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting.
In reality you should just do maintenance and preventative maintenance on your car to get it in tip top shape before you start modding it. Replacing worn parts will take up most of that $15k.
95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.
Dropping $15k into modding a car is just silly unless you have a ton of expendable income, ie make $200,000 or more a year. I'd keep the money and invest it or something. Do some basic mods to the car. You can buy a modded 3s for the price you want to put into yours in mods. Its just not sane in this time of scary economics.
[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM
IDK if you guys are talking about me or not and I dont wanna sound like a dick when I say this, but I have all that covered .. Been done that .. This car is the final piece in the puzzle for me .. And I wanna say I truly do agree with everything said .. 15k is alot of money to drop in a car, which is a horrible horrible financial investment if you ever plan to sell it .. The 30k I end up dropping on my car will make it twice as bad as well, but I personally could care less .. For me its a personal investment .. Money is just a ways to a means in this life and its not important unless you dont have it .. As for me 30k is a cheap price to pay for this type of vehicle .. And if this car spins a bearing or does anything else short of being totalled .. I will just fix it and move forward .. No big deal .. And if I dont like these 750's .. I will just sell them and just buy something else .. No big deal !!
I think you will need new wheels. And you can um donate the ones in your sig to me.![]()
There are plenty of people selling the stock chrome 18's...
Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.
Selling yes, Donating No lol
Sounds like you have given this some thought and know what you want. I would vote for the 750's myself and keep the car as streetable as possible. In my opinion 750's is about the limit in turbo size for a fun street car / reliable on long trips. Some may disagree but I can say on my first mod spree I went with everyone's suggestions and ended up with a fast 1/4 car and found I was really missing the ability to just hop in and drive a slightly modified car and have fun without worrying about breaking things or watching a dozen gauges all the time. I ended up selling that car and starting over with the lessons I learned.
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks