Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help data logging wideband

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Need some help data logging wideband

Ok so ive read a few threads on here about how I can hook up the output wire from my wideband to pin 53 on the ECU and data log the wideband readings. The problem is that I couldn’t get this to work.

From what ive read pin 53 is for EGRT which is not used on any 3S except for the CA spec models. Based on the ECU pin-out diagram from stealth 316 it looks like my ECU does have a green/black wire coming out of pin 53.

Am I reading the pin out diagram wrong? Im looking at the image as if I was looking at the ECU with the 3 mounting tabs that bolt the ECU to the center console facing down.

Stealth 316 - ECM pin assignments
    i tried hooking up the wideband to the green/black wire in pin 53 but the datalogger still didnt read wideband.

anyone got any pics of what wire or know the color?
    Last edited by thor'svr4; 01-18-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    the basic go fast bits...
    forged short block, Billet DR1000's, 680cc injectors, meth inj, FMIC, MAFT, Apexi Neo, hotwired 255lph fuel pump.

Tuned by Ray Pampena

Just a fun Daily Driver.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ok so i figured this out. the White output wire from the AEM Wideband gets hooked up the the light green/black wire on the ECU Pin 53. then you must go into the datalogger, settings and change the EGRT values from BAR to Wideband O2.

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    What logger are you logging with?

The problem is that most of the loggers out there have their WB's configured for Innovates range of 8-22 AFR and the AEM's only have a 10-20 AFR range. So logging the WB with an AEM will yield incorrect results. I know MMCD and HHH are both set to 8-22 as they were configured to be used with Innovate WB's. None of the logging software seems to have a configuration for setting the WB range.

Even my Scanmaster when viewing WB with my AEM does no show the correct AFR. I'm pretty sure it is also configured for 8-22.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

Padawan garage troll Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I was getting help from full throttle forums installing aem uego to sm3. Bob didn't mention any scaling issues.

I can check with them.
    Sent from garage
    91 AWD TT
    K&N FIPK, Precats gutted, Test Pipe, Blitz DSBC, Walbro 255, Vacuum reduction, SM3, MMCd, Krank Vents, 3SX Aluminum Crank Pulley, Aluminum 2PC DS, MAFT Pro (AFC mode atm).

To do list: Need to check electronic timing, install FP hotwire, install PS poly MM, RUACAs, Setrab oil cooler, Dejon Y-pipe, 3.5 GM Mas, FIC 650ccs & 13Ts.

Owner Since

Thanks
    My SM3 matches my MMCD logs but I compare them to the AEM gauge and they are never the same until about 15 AFR area since that should be .5v for all WB's.

I got copies of the MMCD code a while back and I can see in the code where it is scaled to 8-22 but I don't have the developer environment to re-bundle the software with the changes. It may just come down to me switching to an Innovate down the road.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    my AEM does 10:1-18:1 and the MMCD V1.8 found here Attachment 2095 http://www.3sgto.org/f2/mmcd-guide-3773.html (thanks to RealMcCoy and mb3000) does 10:1-20:1. while the AFR's are a tad-bit off in the leaner end of the spectrum, from 10:1-13.5'ish they are very close even without scaling.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Sorry but that is not correct. All versions past v1.5g are scaled 8-22 AFR. Clint made the change in v1.6n to accommodate Innovates WB.

Per his thread on the other site:

INVESTIGATION:
    Min/Max button
    User defined prelog / postlog times
    Consider adding default Autolog triggers
    Correct slug for EGRT WBO2 inputs - currently hard coded as MAP
    Need to confirm Boost solenoid status display
    Need to define/implement new log format (mS resolution / Integer / Long / Char )
    Scaling for AFR input - Changed in 1.6N
    Old 0-5V = 10.0 - 20.0 AFR
    New 0-5V = 8.0 - 22.0 AFR
    Configurable option for 3S versus DSM mode
    - Timing
    - Other differences?

MMCd New Features - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    no matter what i do i cant get the data logger to read richer than 10:1 even with the safc neo set to 0 correction. my wide-band will read down to 10:1 but once you get richer it starts displaying three green dashes. so i know i'm running richer than 10:1 but mmcd wont read any richer than 10:1. also if i engine break it wont read any leaner than 20:1. ill post the logs later but im 100% sure the version i have reads 10:1-20:1.

also to check i could easily unplug the wide-band (supplying 0 volts) which should make mmcd read full rich. if my theory is correct when 0 volts is applied i should see 10:1, if youre correct it will read 8:1, right?

Edit:
    i dont know anything about coding or computer programming, but if youre able to look at the coding would it be possible to check the coding on the mmcd version that i posted in the link? maybe the link is mislabeled and is really an older version?
    Last edited by thor'svr4; 01-21-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Padawan garage troll Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    My SM3 matches my MMCD logs but I compare them to the AEM gauge and they are never the same until about 15 AFR area since that should be .5v for all WB's.

I got copies of the MMCD code a while back and I can see in the code where it is scaled to 8-22 but I don't have the developer environment to re-bundle the software with the changes. It may just come down to me switching to an Innovate down the road.
    Finally got a chance to look into this. The UEGO has an analog output of 0.5V to 4.5V corresponding to 8.5 to 18 AFR (Gas). SM3 is expecting 0 to 5v displaying 0 to 18.6. I am using the dSb to show A/F ratio on Battery Volts on MMCD. I am not sure how the 0.5V 'truncation' at the ends will skew the display numbers; but it seems it shouldn't be too far off, but would love to get it right.

Is there a way to change to the output on the UEGO?

Owner Since

Thanks
    Good Find. I always just assumed it was a standard 0-5v. Pretty sure the UEGO is not configurable but makes it even more odd is that it is suppsed to work with the AEM EMS which is 0-5v....IDK

Only thing I could say would be get a hold of Bob and see if he can build a flash for SM3 to handle the UEGO voltage difference and convert the output correctly for all loggers. I sent him a message on one of these two sites awhile back and never heard back from them. I need to open a thread on fullthrottletech.com forum seeing if anything can be done.

I'm almost to the point of selling it all and getting a Chrome ECU anyways....