Thread: Greetings

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    Last Week

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Greetings

As some of you are probably wondering, my handle here, Teotwawki is short for "The end of the world as we know it". The reason I went this route is because I have never owned anything other than an American made vehicle.

Last Sunday I said goodbye to my 1968 Dodge Coronet and hello to a 91 3000GT vr4. I figured why not. The engine, transmission and various other parts for this car had been sitting on my garage floor since last year, as I was holding them for a buddy. Then his beloved vr4 was impounded by the county for sitting on the street. The neighbors didn't like it and complained. I wasn't going to buy the car from him but the truth is my Coronet was a bigger project than I ever wanted, and while standing over the vr4 engine one day I noticed some writing on it in what appeared to be Japanese, and next to it "GTO". I called him up and asked him what the story with that was and he informed me that he had to buy a new engine because the old one needed to be rebuilt, and it was just easier to buy a new one from Japan. That had to be b.s. but it occured to me that he had invested alot into this car already, and he said he just didn't have the time to do it.

IT seemed to good a value to pass up. So I had the tow truck driver drop off the vr4, and haul away the Coronet. Only a couple of people have told me I have made a mistake, but those same people never lifted a finger to help me on that car anyways. Still I was pretty sad to see it go.

At any rate, It's going to take me a few days to get used to seeing the vr4 (Dubbed "AMY" because of the V.I.N.) in the garage, and a few more to get over the intimidation factor of wires and hoses running everywhere.

I'll definitly track my progress on this project and post some pictures up as well.

Still, this forum is better than any of the Muscle Car Mopar forums I have been a member of. So far I like it here!

Look forward to reading posts, chatting and eventually meeting you all.

Ron

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Welcome to the land of money pits!
    I was once a Dodge Challenger owner, but I couldn't be happier to have my Stealth. It's been the best car I've ever owned and the longest I've owned a car (15 years and counting)

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Ill introduce it to you like it was to me.

Welcome to what can be the Greatest Platform Ever.....if your dedicated.

Nice to see the enthusiasm!

-Logan

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    welcome! you've definitely made the right call on which forum to join.

i'm currently living about 24min away from you--so if you need an extra hand, let me know & i'll try and work it into my schedule. i'm no expert, but i'll help where i can. i'll be stuck on night-shift until june though...so keep that in mind. there's also a LOT of members in PA who have a lot of know-how as well.

there's a LOT of information on how to work on these cars within the community. don't let the USA vs. JDM crap fool you; a piston is still a piston--a camshaft is still a camshaft. if you understand the basics of how to assemble an engine properly, working on a 3/s isn't difficult.

congrats, and good luck!

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You sure can pick 'em. And as much as the cars are money pits, the guys that love them REALLY love them. I can't help you with your car (you'll learn that really fast - I am NOT a car girl), but I can tell you this... For the most part, this is a pretty terrific bunch of people. You definitely chose the right forum!! Now just make it to the NG so you can meet everyone and really learn what it is to love these cars.
    2022 National Gathering Reunion

3SWiki.org Feedback Score 0 stealthify's Avatar
    Owner Since
    10+ Years

Thanks
    Welcome to the other side I hope the vr4 turns out to be a very rewarding experience for you, as I know my life wouldn't be the same without one.

Looking forward to reading about your progress!

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    Last Week

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Time for some fun!

Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    There are some cool features in this forum that you may find interesting if you've got a project on your hands. I'm sure you've already familiarized yourself with this stuff but just in case.

The Garage is where you can post some pics of your ride and include some brief information.

Projects that other members are working on where you can also keep everyone updated on your project as well.
    Last edited by ictponder; 05-31-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Tom, you had a challenger? What year? hahah sorry for the OT. Glad to have ya here. Shame you couldn't keep both cars
    60% of the time, my car works every time.