Page 12 of 154 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: My LCD screen project, boost, WBO2, Knock, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Deadd View Post
    Has anyone seen any bugs with this?
    If there is, let me know. I squash all bugs ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Simace View Post
    What would really take this product over the edge would be if it was able to display not on the Guage Cluster but on the Windshield, like a HUD (Heads Up Display). I know that this would require dashboard work, but the end result would be something absolutely astounding!! Not that it isn't already.

Subscribed...
    A HUD requires a special windshield (special coating). I can see that getting expensive pretty quick.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simace View Post
    What would really take this product over the edge would be if it was able to display not on the instrument cluster but on the Windshield, like a HUD (Heads Up Display). I know that this would require dashboard work, but the end result would be something absolutely astounding!! Not that it isn't already.

Subscribed...
    That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

www.chromedecu.org verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    ok, bugs...
    car 1999 VR4
    Issue 1: The rear trim and rear low seem to be switched. When I go to the rear trim menu to watch live info, the low setting is moving all over the place. the rear trim setting is acting like the low should be. The front trim setting seem to work correctly. The rear low will also go as high as 199. Shouldn't the trims and low mid high only go to 150? what is the max reading for these?
    Last edited by Jesters Deadd; 03-31-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    www.Chromedecu.org
    Plug and Play Flash Ecus, why use a harness when you can just Plug and Play?!
    2 year Warranty on all ECUs.
    A donation of every Plug and Play Flash Ecu sale goes to Greg for more software goodness.
    1999 Flashed Wide body 3000GT VR4, (Its Cianci's prototype car, but don't worry I fixed that.)
    How To Contact Me:
    eMail: apape10@yahoo.com
    3SI: Jesters Deadd
    www.Chromedecu.org

Owner Since

Thanks
    bugs...
    car 1999 VR4
    Issue 2: My car will get a CEL and I try to check the trouble code and it always comes back no messages in both the active faults and stored faults. The clear all messages works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
    A HUD requires a special windshield (special coating). I can see that getting expensive pretty quick.
    Some 240s have a hud, they have what appears to be a sticker on the front corner. The defi would be cool to use if it could be adapted...

I recently installed a 99 3000GT VR4 ECU into my 93 Vehicle and took it for a spin a few minutes ago. I decided to check out how the CEL codes worked and observed the same thing, the CEL would come on during the test. I'm pretty sure I know what it is already because I asked the ECU to perform a diagnostic test before pulling codes on 94-99 model cars. I'll just skip that forced diagnostic test and see what happens.

You could be right on the rear trim thing, I asked one person to give me feedback if it was working and they said it looked correct. It is very likely what you said, "Trim and Low fuel trim are mixed up". Fuel trims usually go between 80-140 I think, and the trim by itself has a much wider range.

Send me your email address in PM and I'll give you an update.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Oh i was also in the config menu and there is a coolant alarm and another setting at the end of the menu that you didn't have in your user manual. What do those two settings do?

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
    I recently installed a 99 3000GT VR4 ECU into my 93 Vehicle and took it for a spin a few minutes ago. I decided to check out how the CEL codes worked and observed the same thing, the CEL would come on during the test. I'm pretty sure I know what it is already because I asked the ECU to perform a diagnostic test before pulling codes on 94-99 model cars. I'll just skip that forced diagnostic test and see what happens.

You could be right on the rear trim thing, I asked one person to give me feedback if it was working and they said it looked correct. It is very likely what you said, "Trim and Low fuel trim are mixed up". Fuel trims usually go between 80-140 I think, and the trim by itself has a much wider range.

Send me your email address in PM and I'll give you an update.
    What did you do about the second set of O2 sensors in your 99 ECU?

The manual gets updated when new features get added. The coolant alarm alerts you when your engine coolant temperature exceeds this number, similar idea to knock alert. This could be useful those with large front mount intercoolers and have overheating issues, this will remind them. The "Screen Refresh" allows you to define how often the screen updates with new data. Think of it as a delay, the higher the number the less frequently it is updated. Similarly the lower the number, more often the data is refreshed with new data.

I haven't driven the 99 ECU swap very much to see an error yet, but I'm expecting to see a CEL error for it soon. I'm going to disable the second set of O2s if it's available in the ECU-flashing software. If it's not in there, I can build an O2 simulator for it.