Page 15 of 892 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 8916

Thread: What did you do today to your 3/S?

  1. #141
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Pulled the trans after work... and every minute of it it sucked!




  2. #142
    SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    1,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    Did you drop it out the bottom or pull it from the top?
    Photobucket

  3. #143
    Riding topless!! verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Owned 8 3s since 2005.

    Location
    Corpus Christi
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 29 Times in 10 Posts
    After the trans are you fixing the holes in your hood? Did it rust thru?

  4. #144
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearheadvr4 View Post
    After the trans are you fixing the holes in your hood? Did it rust thru?
    That hood definitely needs a fixin! You can't ee it in the pics but it's all spidered out. It came unlatched on the hwy. I have a replacement, it's in the loft.

    Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker View Post
    Did you drop it out the bottom or pull it from the top?
    Bottom. Comes out really easy once you get all the crap out of the way. I hate droppin these trans, doin this after work kicked my ass! It's time to crash

  5. #145
    SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    1,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    Lol I hear ya man, I'm in no rush to mine back in

  6. #146
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    I'm convinced it's easier to pull the engine with the trans attached vs just pulling the trans.

  7. #147
    SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2008

    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    1,295
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
    It definitely was, I dropped everything out the bottom when I took it all out.

  8. #148
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 118 Times in 65 Posts
    Installed an aluminum 2-piece driveshaft and a new high-flow cat converter.

    DG

  9. #149
    I AM IMPORT POWER
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Driving Vicki Crazy
    Posts
    1,105
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 270 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    I'm convinced it's easier to pull the engine with the trans attached vs just pulling the trans.
    I have heard that before. Once you do it a few times it becomes pretty easy though.

    -Chris

  10. #150
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    It's way easier with a lift and a trans lift. I used to have one I could use all the time but now buy the time I get off work the shop is closed so I'm stuck doing it the oldshool way. It literally takes twice as long (about 3 hours) using the cherry picker.


    Mitsu did not want mortals to take apart the 3000gt and Stealth.


    Today I'll probably just stare at it, decide what has to go, and then go home.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering