You'll have no issue running your current heads on a TT block. Unless you bent a valve you most likely will not need to have your guides replaced. The machine shop should just check that the head is straight, replace the VSS and clean it. Unless you were having compression issue of bent a valve there is no need to a valve job. The valve in the head should be seating just fine. Since you are just throwing your 13T's back on and they ran fine before, no need in doing a full head rebuilt. That is exactly what I did on my last engine and it runs fine. I'm using N/A heads with TT exhaust Cams. The flow differences in the TT and N/A head is very minimal. TT exhaust cam is used as they keep the exhaust side open longer than the N/A cam's do. Unless you are pushing the limits of an engine and need that extra flow, you will never notice the difference in the heads. I actually think I have better low end now due to the N/A heads...
If you go with Forged pistons you will have to have the engine bored. Nobody makes stock size bore forged pistons that I know of.
You need to plan you build based off of your power goals. If you're only looking to go 400-450hp than stock internals are fine but recommend a forged crank. If you looking to go 500+ then you need to get a forged crank and forged pistons. Over 600+ HP you'll need better rods. My build is rated for the 450hp mark. I'm running a forged crank and stock rods/pistons. My forged crank is also turned and I'm running .020 oversized bearings on the main and .010 oversized bearing on the rods running a .0025 clearance on both. I have great oil pressure running it this way. This engine currently only has about 7k on it.





Reply With Quote








Bookmarks