Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: I just registered for the 2014 National Gathering. Have you?

  1. #21
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    329
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
    Registered!!

  2. #22
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh yeah I do, that's the main thing I want to do. I hope I can get out their early enough and my trans holds up.
    You have to be a special kind of idiot to break a transmission on a roadcourse.....................................



  3. #23
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Avoca, NY
    Posts
    1,135
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 56 Times in 38 Posts
    I am a bit bummed to see only 3 people in the beginner road course group.

  4. #24
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

    Location
    Royersford, PA
    Posts
    3,814
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,059
    Thanked 442 Times in 317 Posts
    I'd be in there Terry, but without a trailer I'm not sure I want to risk it. Might change my mind and find myself some better pads/spare set of rotors.... stop making me second guess myself, haha
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝
    - 24

  5. #25
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Avoca, NY
    Posts
    1,135
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 56 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
    I'd be in there Terry, but without a trailer I'm not sure I want to risk it. Might change my mind and find myself some better pads/spare set of rotors.... stop making me second guess myself, haha
    Honestly as long as your car is up on maintenance you shouldn't have an issue. Grab some spare rotors and decent pads and you'll be fine.

    You can take it easy on the roadcourse (within reason, you at least have to be able to get out of the way) and still have a blast.

  6. #26
    Administrator Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    02/1998

    Location
    Madison Heights, Mi
    Posts
    2,958
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 675 Times in 255 Posts
    Its a nice safe track too lots of room if you loose it in a corner.

    Terry, can you post this in the thread on 3si

    If you are planning to come to the NG and have not reserved a room at the hotel yet, you should do this by the 25th. Based on the information we have the hotel is full for the week we are there. Our block of rooms represents the only available rooms.

    If you have not registered yet and are planning to attend I would recommend getting a base registration in so you can get the hotel information and reserve a room.

    The area with the hotel is not populated with other hotel options if you do not get room at the official hotel you will have to drive about 20 minutes to get to get the autocross/go kart/road course track.

    Alan

  7. #27
    Administrator Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    02/1998

    Location
    Madison Heights, Mi
    Posts
    2,958
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 675 Times in 255 Posts
    Its a nice safe track too lots of room if you loose it in a corner.

    Terry, can you post this in the thread on 3si

    If you are planning to come to the NG and have not reserved a room at the hotel yet, you should do this by the 25th. Based on the information we have the hotel is full for the week we are there. Our block of rooms represents the only available rooms.

    If you have not registered yet and are planning to attend I would recommend getting a base registration in so you can get the hotel information and reserve a room.

    The area with the hotel is not populated with other hotel options if you do not get room at the official hotel you will have to drive about 20 minutes to get to get the autocross/go kart/road course track.

    Alan

  8. #28
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    I WANT to go. Still havent decided if I want to take a week off of work or not yet. Would have loved to do a weekender if it was available this year, since it is so close to me.
    Recertified ASE L1/L3 Master Technician
    13G's on Pump 93 tuned to 421awhp/419awtq @ 17psi tuned by Pampena Motorsports ....375awtq at 2900rpm....
    Billet 19T HL's on E85 tuned to .....?

  9. #29
    Here for the party Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Canaan NH
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 106 Times in 87 Posts
    Registered, but havent signed up for any events yet. Not sure when I will arrive either.

  10. #30
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

    Location
    Royersford, PA
    Posts
    3,814
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,059
    Thanked 442 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximal View Post
    Honestly as long as your car is up on maintenance you shouldn't have an issue. Grab some spare rotors and decent pads and you'll be fine.

    You can take it easy on the roadcourse (within reason, you at least have to be able to get out of the way) and still have a blast.
    I'd be short shifting and taking it relatively easy. I'm not too worried about anything other than the brakes, and a set of pads and Hawk HPP pads will set me back less than the cost of the road course. Hmm...

    For the record, I should be able to keep up with most N/As

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering