Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: Help me pick a new DD!!

  1. #31
    1993 rt/tt Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    wa state
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 181 Times in 119 Posts
    Waiting for used prices to come down to reality, then i will be daily driving one of these...



    ...minus the funky vinyl graphics on her rear end, of course
    if you cant fix it with a hammer...then you have an electrical problem


  2. #32
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    You're not, John. I, too, much preferred the Crossfire to the SLK.
    i don't want to live on this planet anymore. fake chrome accents, body ribs everywhere, and you prefer it?

    next thing i know, you'll be telling me that bomex body kits look better than OEM stealth r/t.

    p.s.
    one sold well enough to get this as a successor:



    the other one? can't shake the stigma of what it was intended to replace, and rightfully died off.

  3. #33
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
    I think they are both grotesquely ugly.

    Jason

    Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's

  4. #34
    My Give a Damn is busted Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 375 Times in 231 Posts
    I drove a BRZ a month or so ago. I think it looks great, handles like a dream, plenty of room and the interior was top notch. I really liked everything about the car except one thing. it's slow. very slow. I currently drive a 02 GS430 by no means a rocket ship but it'll move. that being said the fear of committing to a car payment was the only thing keeping me from buying it. 5 year warranty and 2 year(iirc) free maintaince plan make owning a brand new car much easier to swallow. if you like it all I'd get it. new car with a warranty can't be beat.

    but I really like the S5. hands down one of my favorite attainable cars around. I like everything about it. I'd get one of those is maintance and repairs isn't an issue.
    www.fairtax.org
    We ride around with Turbos the size of Lil' Bow Wow
    2009/2010 3SI National Gathering Fastest Stock Suspension
    I killed www.bawcforums.org on 11-04-09

  5. #35
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    i don't want to live on this planet anymore. fake chrome accents, body ribs everywhere, and you prefer it?

    next thing i know, you'll be telling me that bomex body kits look better than OEM stealth r/t.

    p.s.
    one sold well enough to get this as a successor:

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_20100524.jpg

    the other one? can't shake the stigma of what it was intended to replace, and rightfully died off.
    I'm not crazy about either one (of that era). The new SLK's are much better looking. If I were to buy a car in that class it would probably be the Boxster, and still then it would have to be a smokin' deal.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  6. #36
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I'm not crazy about either one (of that era). The new SLK's are much better looking. If I were to buy a car in that class it would probably be the Boxster, and still then it would have to be a smokin' deal.

    Jeremy
    the boxster and bmw z's are very similar in ride. the slk is much more refined and comfy, imho. i tend to lean towards cush for daily use.

  7. #37
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    I don't view any of those cars as DD. They're not at all "practical". Those are weekend cars.

    Jeremy

  8. #38
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I don't view any of those cars as DD. They're not at all "practical". Those are weekend cars.

    Jeremy
    tell that to the 2 dozen people i see driving them to work daily...even in the winter. 'urope, fuck yeah.

  9. #39
    My Give a Damn is busted Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 375 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I don't view any of those cars as DD. They're not at all "practical". Those are weekend cars.

    Jeremy
    they are if you're a single guy without kids.

    YOLO!

  10. #40
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    I drove a BRZ a month or so ago. I think it looks great, handles like a dream, plenty of room and the interior was top notch. I really liked everything about the car except one thing. it's slow. very slow. I currently drive a 02 GS430 by no means a rocket ship but it'll move. that being said the fear of committing to a car payment was the only thing keeping me from buying it. 5 year warranty and 2 year(iirc) free maintaince plan make owning a brand new car much easier to swallow. if you like it all I'd get it. new car with a warranty can't be beat.

    but I really like the S5. hands down one of my favorite attainable cars around. I like everything about it. I'd get one of those is maintance and repairs isn't an issue.
    They claim the power matches the car very well, like more power would make the car less fun. I still want one. I'll wait till the warrantee runs out and buy one used. Then slap a turbo kit on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering