Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: What causes mold in the interior?

  1. #11
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2000

    Posts
    1,241
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
    I use a similar product in my boat when I store it over the winter. a must have

  2. #12
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    You've got some kind of moisture problem. Perhaps the heater core leaked?

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  3. #13
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Avoca, NY
    Posts
    1,135
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 56 Times in 38 Posts
    Any chance of getting some airflow going within the garage? Exhaust fan or even a box fan moving it around?

  4. #14
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    You've got some kind of moisture problem. Perhaps the heater core leaked?

    Jeremy
    There's no coolant in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximal View Post
    Any chance of getting some airflow going within the garage? Exhaust fan or even a box fan moving it around?
    Nope. I'm hoping after this cleaning that the crystal bags will help keep the inside dehumidified enough. Gonna try the dome too.

    That reminds me, I meant to post a picture of my seat bracket to see if I had the correct one or not. Got side tracked when I found this...

    2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

    99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

    "I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

  5. #15
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    NY
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    You've got some kind of moisture problem. Perhaps the heater core leaked?

    Jeremy
    I know evaporators can get mildew especially if the drain tube is clogged. They even sell a spay can to eliminate the mold. Perhaps yours is moldy and spreading throughout the car?

  6. #16
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Nah. The roof of the garage leaked badly and was recently repaired. With no windows and the door staying shut all the time, this caused the high humidity levels inside.

    The humid air probably got into the car and caused this.

  7. #17
    RTBOOST verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Florence, Wisconsin
    Posts
    715
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 29 Times in 19 Posts
    I use two of these inside the car to keep that from happening...

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028M...r=8-34&pi=SL75

    What's nice about these packs is that you can reactivate them in the oven once they're completely saturated (takes ~4 hrs. to so it).

    I slacked on reactivating them within the last two months, so I was greeted by a couple of small patches of that stuff the last time I was in there.

    You might want to be on the lookout for rodents, too, since your car's been sitting for some time.

    I stripped out my interior because a couple of them managed to find a passage into the car & messed up my hatch area...little bastards!
    '90 Toyota Celica GT Liftback..........................(X) (daily driver)
    '73 Dodge Challenger 340...............................(X)
    '91 Firestorm Red Stealth R/T TT.....................(X)

  8. #18
    DR-750 club Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

    Location
    Portland, Texas
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 172 Times in 124 Posts
    That is very odd.

    I live on the coast of South Texas. This is our Daily Humidity

    Humidity:
    55%
    Humidity:
    56%
    Humidity:
    82%

    I have never seen anything like that before.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

  9. #19
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    NY
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg E View Post
    Nah. The roof of the garage leaked badly and was recently repaired. With no windows and the door staying shut all the time, this caused the high humidity levels inside.

    The humid air probably got into the car and caused this.
    Well then I guess you answered your own question, a dehumidifier seems like the solution here.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Street_Chally73 View Post
    You might want to be on the lookout for rodents, too, since your car's been sitting for some time.

    I stripped out my interior because a couple of them managed to find a passage into the car & messed up my hatch area...little bastards!
    Yes! I don't know what Mitsubishi puts in their wiring, but rats and mice find it irresistible.... Currently tearing down my dash, to remove an old nest I discovered. Hopefully, the harness isn't completely hosed...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering