Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FP 68HTA Turbo Dyno Results !

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Thumbs up FP 68HTA Turbo Dyno Results !

Just wanted to post some updates for anyone who was curious what the FP 68HTA turbos can do.

First off, my setup -

Forged bottom end with Wiseco 92.5mm piston and BC Rods
    DR Stage 3 heads with Kiggly Beehive springs
    BC 264/272 Cams
    FMIC
    AEM EMS V2
    AUS 1400CC Injectors, dual AEM 320LPH Pumps
    UPP Manifolds with Tial 38MM Ext Gates and open dumps

After doing a refresh of the engine and spending several weeks tweaking and fitting the manifolds, re building the dump tubes to fit right, re working the IC piping, finally got it on the road just about 2 months ago.

First trip to the dyno I was on PTE 780CC injectors
    That day we hit 545 AWHP on 91 octane pump gas at 19 psi
    and 616 awhp on 101 octane race fuel at 23psi Ran out of time so we didn't push it any further that day.

About a week ago I fixed some electrical gremlins and as a result my tune had changed a bit. So instead of keeping on the same ol 780cc upgraded to some 1400CC EV6 style injectors. Got her dialed in for driving on the street and then hit the dyno today.

Results were
    555 Awhp on 91 octane 19psi (pretty much the same)
    712 Awhp on E85 and 28psi at conservative timing (15 degrees advanced at this boost)

All pulls were done at PSI in Tucson AZ on a Mustang Dyno, which apparently is one of the heartbreakers in the area. Since someone is going to say it, I plan on hopping on a local shops Dynojet here soon to compare numbers for a benchmark, not going to speculate but it should be more from what I have been told.

So far I am very impressed with these turbos, full boost hits around 5k, coming on strong early 4K, not bad for a pair of turbos that sold for $600 Ea during the holiday special.

Compared to my previous setup, same 780cc injectors, IPS manifolds and E16G's I was tapping out at about 600awhp on race fuel and aggressive timing (19 degrees) at 26PSI, that's more than a 100hp increase at just 2psi more and less timing, that's impressive!

Im pretty close to my goal, I have a few more lbs of boost I can push and a few more degrees of timing, I am also re-working the intake filters and some other plumbing a bit, but until summer is over and the cool weather returns I am going to stick with it as is. I do plan on switching over to the larger 3" inlet 2" outlet housing however which should open up flow a little according to FP.

But that's my review, FP 68HTA well worth it! Having E16G's previously, I do not notice a ton more lag. These are badass turbos for a 3.0 with upgraded heads, or even better with a 3.5. There are a ton of vids up on the FB group, I will post the dyno sheets here.

1993 VR-4
    Engine -

DR stage 3 heads, dual springs, wiseco piston, Ninja rods
    IPS catback
    IPS Turbo manifolds with MHI E16G
    Custom Downpipe
    Custom FMIC kit

Suspension -

BC Racing coilovers
    Solid / Poly busings
    Wilwood Superlite BBK powdercoated gloss black

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    August 2010

Thanks
    Impressive! Lets see a chart..thanks for sharing. If they come in sale again, im definitely going to pick up a set this time around.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Im pretty wiped tonight, but I will scan a photo of the sheet tomorrow for sure, and maybe host one of the vids.

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Really curious if you'll see any gains with the bigger housings. I have a feeling those will only make a difference when you're really pushing the turbo's... like 35psi, but I could be wrong!

Great results and quite a lot of room left to spare!
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Nice!

Awesome numbers, especially when your set up is still running "conservative" would make for a great reliable street car.

-John

1999 3000GT VR-4 #216 - 19T-HL running on Chromed ECU
    2012 Regal GS - 2013 Trail Teams FJ

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Pretty nice. Any video?

Mad JDM Tite
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streamln1 View Post
    All pulls were done at PSI in Tucson AZ on a Mustang Dyno, which apparently is one of the heartbreakers in the area. Since someone is going to say it, I plan on hopping on a local shops Dynojet here soon to compare numbers for a benchmark, not going to speculate but it should be more from what I have been told.
    Finding legitimate correction factors for moving from one dyno type to the next has always been an interesting topic that never seems to have a simple answer. Based on what I found in past attempts to search out this information, I would expect your numbers to go up 12% on the Dynojet. So I am very interested to see how the numbers will change and if the 12% estimate is close or way off.

Oh and it would be good to know if the Dynojet is an intertia model or a loading type model.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Its an inertia type i think, im not gonna speculate but hoping for closer to 800

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    A lot of people go to PSI and walk away disappointed because his numbers are not inflated

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Reply to futurevr4man inregards to turbo housing-

Yeah, and i think it will make the plumbing a lot nicer. The td05 outlet has always perplexed me why in the hell its so small, its literally just 1.25" and im wondering how much it chokes it off