Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or 360?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PsykoGamer View Post
    yeah a boost of $10 may not seem like a huge amount to some but to kids and teens that's like hitting them with a car payment I think lol. I think with them adding things like the NFL and other video media will help add to the value that they are trying to push. I have seen game sites try to push that if you really look at the pricing Microsoft set up for $50 when Live first started and implementing inflation into the equation then it makes sense that they boost it by $10. I don't get it myself and may just try to buy another year before the price goes up again. I really don't play the 360 quite as much these days though so I am not really sure.
    Buy it at BestBuy and you get a year of live, a game, headset, and keyboard for like $60? It's a deal!

Resident Gamer
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah I know what you mean lol. I want to get that little receiver that will allow a computer to pick up the wireless 360 controller. It seems no stores sell them anymore! Not even Gamestop! They just look at me like I have 2 heads when I ask about it and they say "well...we have wired controllers." Yeah those will work without the adapter but I want to not be limited by the wire damnit! I only see that stupid thing sold in a bundle with a controller at Best Buy in the PC section when I know they were sold separately for about $20....grrrr

I prefer 360 for games, but that goes back to wanting to boost my gamer score, and that some JRPGs a few years ago came out first on the 360. I have a ps3 that I use from streaming HD movies and shows onto my tv. I don't play as much as I used to back in college, and right after graduating, so I really only stick with one genre. I used to have a Wii, but lack of great solo games turned me off. It's a blast to play with friends, but those nights are few and far between.

Australia verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Have both 360 and PS3, rarely play games on PS3, more just a dedicated Blu Ray player and browsing the web.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOX View Post
    Have both 360 and PS3, rarely play games on PS3, more just a dedicated Blu Ray player and browsing the web.
    I have yet to watch an actual Blu-Ray movie. I tend to DL a lot of stuff.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I currently own a 360 and a Wii. Both have there place, and get equal game time, although the 360 is on 95% of the time to stream movies and tv shows. The PS3 just never appealed to me other than being able to run some Linux distros on it with limited access to the GPU, and now that is even taken away. I am currently in the middle of Metroid: Other M, and Halo Reach.

Resident Gamer
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FF_Knight_84 View Post
    I have yet to watch an actual Blu-Ray movie. I tend to DL a lot of stuff.
    oh trust me dude you've gotta check out a blu-ray movie at least once. Personally Avatar really stood out graphically. I was a hundred times better looking on blu-ray over regular dvd. I do alot of downloading myself when it comes to tv shows and movies but when it comes to the quality of a movie I will go with blu-ray any day of the week when I can afford it. They are getting pretty cheap now. I think they are as low as $6 or $7 in some places like Best Buy.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I got a PS3 last christmas, I loved it, but nobody I know plays one so I have no friends online to play games with. I then went out and bought a new 360 slim, and it turns out everyone who used to play 360 hardly does anymore. So now I'm just sitting here with both systems bored. I think I like the setup of the 360 better, it seems a little more user friendly, but the PS3 has more going for it as far as how nice the console is and the free online and whatnot.

Crimson Jihad Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    PS3! I own a 1st generation PS3 (allows playing of PS and PS2 games) and love it. Never had any problems, its runs flawlessly, and have had it accidently running for several days (sisters to blame), with out any issues. I dont really play online games much, but never really saw a difference between the PS3 and 360.

Resident Gamer
    Owner Since

Thanks
    What is funny is I used to play the 360 way more than I played my PS3. More and more of my friends got the RROD multiple times over and they stopped using the systems because they couldn't get one to keep working. I still was used to using the PS3 controller since it was the same controller from the first PS. Just a little tidbit of info, all of the PS3 models will play PS1 games and they will also play Japanese PS3 games. Graphically the PS3 is a little bit better but in terms of features the PS3 system far outweighs the 360. I just find it funny that MSoft is just now adding wireless to the newer generation of the 360 before the Kinect comes out.