Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: GI: Big brake kits, floating rotors!

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That is something none of us can provide due to the fact we are busy using them lmao.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streamln1 View Post
    Possibly interested in rotors too need to know the specs for thickness and offset of the hat
    I don't know if this helps you but here is a few photos of my rotors:

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    how about the thickness?

1993 VR-4
    Engine -

DR stage 3 heads, dual springs, wiseco piston, Ninja rods
    IPS catback
    IPS Turbo manifolds with MHI E16G
    Custom Downpipe
    Custom FMIC kit

Suspension -

BC Racing coilovers
    Solid / Poly busings
    Wilwood Superlite BBK powdercoated gloss black

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
    The rotors and brakes are the same as Airtekk which you can buy easier in the US. That's how I actually found out about Airtekk. I contacted XYZ because I didn't like their logo and they redirected me to Airtekk (see way below). Airtekk is good about selling you stuff but their support really sucks. I had zero issues with front setup (I didn't opt for floating rotors, used their normal ones) but the rears were a different problem.

The rear brake lines they sent me were about 4-5 inches too short. It took me 2 months of dealing with them trying to get longer brake lines. They would never respond to my emails or calls. They lied about ship dates. Told me the new lines came in but were also wrong, that the guy in charge of it was in Russia, etc.. After 2 months of the run around they had told me they shipped them but wouldn't give me a tracking number. So after a week of calling/emailing/texting every single day with no tracking number from them, I sent the short lines to Spiegler on a Wednesday to have custom ones made. I sent Airtekk my tracking number and told them I'd be sending them an invoice. 2 days later the short lines arrived at Spiegler on a Friday. That very same day Airtekk sends me a tracking number:/ So I had to pay Spiegler some money to ship the short lines back to me (I had also sent them my regular stainless lines and wanted those back otherwise I would have just told them to toss them). I checked the Airtekk tracking number and sure enough they had shipped them the day before (Thursday which was a week and 1 day after they were supposedly "shipped", and after I had already given them a tracking number showing I sent the wrong lines to Spiegler). So fast forward and the lines finally come and are the right ones. I get them on, go to drive my car and something is rubbing in the back.

The inner drum stuck out farther than the stock rotors so it was rubbing the backing of the ebrake assembly. It cost me $70 to have a machine shop take some off of it to fit. I sent Airtekk a bill and pictures 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them. The car does stop well but I'm waiting for an alignment before I test it more.

Email sent to XYZ....

Hey,

A member of our 3000gt forum (3sgto.org) recently worked a group buy for your calipers. A few people bought them and were happy with the kits/instructions/performance. However a lot of people (myself included) did not buy them because we are not a fan of the big XYZ caliper logo. Would it be possible to order brake kits without the XYZ logo engraved in the calipers? It would save machine time and I bet it would get you some more sales.

Here is the thread in case you are curious of the discussion.

http://www.3sgto.org/gauging-interes...ng-rotors.html

Thanks – Charlie

-----------------

info@xyzsuspension.com
    6/12/13
    to me

Charles,
    Reach out to our manufacture at AIRTEKK

Thanks
    Tara
    Damn, I was just thinking about getting some rears. Maybe seeing if Chris could set up another group buy. Rears for guys that already have the fronts and fronts for people that missed out on the GB before. If the rotors have to be machined I’m not interested in screwing with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Those of you running the XYZ brakes what pads are you using?

My EBC yellowstuff pads did this yesterday so I'm looking for alternatives.

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    On my 2nd set of stock xyz street pads. Will probably get ax6 Carbo techs next
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I use Carbotech XP8's, if I don't crash the car by the time they wear out, will switch to XP10's or 12's, but I've never faded them on the 8's even at Road America. I just need more brake dust in my life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anyonebutme For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    I use Carbotech XP8's, if I don't crash the car by the time they wear out, will switch to XP10's or 12's, but I've never faded them on the 8's even at Road America. I just need more brake dust in my life.
    Do you still have the Carbotech product code for the front pads?

Carbotech doesn't list the XYZ branded calipers on their website so my local reseller wasn't able to find the correct pads.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I can't remember the code, but it's the same code as the Ksport 8 piston pads. The AP code I listed is the right shape, but those overhang the rotor a tad.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anyonebutme For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Finally got myself a set Carbotech XP8's for the rear and XP10's for the front. The difference in bite compared to the ECS yellowstuff pads and the streets pads that came with the kit was really astonishing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction anyonebutme!