Thread: And the best-selling smartphone at AT&T & Verizon stores is...

Owner Since

Thanks

And the best-selling smartphone at AT&T & Verizon stores is...

BGR Article

LOL, what a joke of a survey. Let's compare the only phone that both stores sell, against multple Android devices that are splitting the votes lol. Hopefully anyone who actually researches the numbers will see that Android FAR outsells the iPhone.

At our store we easily sell 5 Droid devices to 1 iPhone. Once customers see the differences they always ask the same question..."...so why does everyone make such a big deal about the iPhone if Android does everything better?" Probably more than that, very rarely will someone actually want the iPhone.
    Last edited by ictponder; 06-22-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    When they compare the iPhone to Blackberry, do they only choose one Blackberry too? The only thing this means is that Apple Mobile OS has no diversity to split its votes up. Makes my job tougher when selling an Android though. Reason being? When someone tells me they want an Android I can't just go, "Ok, this will be your phone".
    Last edited by onebadmollafolla; 06-22-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ictponder View Post
    BGR Article

LOL, what a joke of a survey. Let's compare the only phone that both stores sell, against multple Android devices that are splitting the votes lol. Hopefully anyone who actually researches the numbers will see that Android FAR outsells the iPhone.

At our store we easily sell 5 Droid devices to 1 iPhone. Once customers see the differences they always ask the same question..."...so why does everyone make such a big deal about the iPhone if Android does everything better?" Probably more than that, very rarely will someone actually want the iPhone.
    and people wonder why i'm so vitriolic against apple. well this here is one of the reasons. half a dozen choices for an android phone, 1 (possibly 2, if you count last generation iphone) choice for iphone. clearly, android has much more to offer with regards to consumer choice. yet it's still cited as an "apple victory". BULL-S....H.I.T.

clearly the same people who are manipulating game reviewers to hand out reviews according to THEIR designs...are the same people paying these "statistic makers" to generate bogus charts like these.

hell, by the same standard, apple has THE LARGEST PC SALES. never mind the fact that windows pc sales are broken down into a dozen differen major manufacturers (plus some fringe ones)--and that iOS only has apple. nah, apple clearly has the win in sales.

epic fail.

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    Uh, it looks to me like ALL types of Android phones are in the results, not just one to "split the vote."

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A Look At Android vs iOS Enterprise Activations

notice anything odd?

oh yeah...a tablet that's considred to be a "smartphone". rofl. that's one way to pad numbers, i guess.

Sorry, Steve -- Apple's still losing to Android - Computerworld Blogs

oh look, they consider ipods to count towards iOS as well. how cute!

Google Android Named The World's Best-Selling Smartphone Platform In Q4 2010 (REPORT)

oh wait, here's a REALLY good one that puts android vs. apple in perspective. finally...and UNBIASED report.

i wish i could get individual data for each device separately, but i can't seem to find it easily. all i can find is android vs. iOS vs. RIM vs. symbian, etc. still...it's a clear-cut case, imho.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UTRacerX9 View Post
    Uh, it looks to me like ALL types of Android phones are in the results, not just one to "split the vote."
    it is all types....just not cumulatively. if the "2nd best selling phone in store X" is an evo4g, that's fair. what isn't fair is if you add the 2nd-10th best selling smartphones (likely all android devices), you get a LOT more android units sold than apple units sold. and just as with PC sales, apple appears to be a "monopoly" because its sales figures dwarf practically everything else--unit for unit.

but what isn't being told is that the installed userbase for iOS is MUCH smaller than its competition. the same is true of OSX. so to label this article as "best selling device is apple" is technically correct, it's badly misleading. evo4g and droid sales alone (combined) likely dwarf iphone sales. this is why i prefer that figures account for operating system--NOT manufacturer.

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    That third link is a good one. Interesting... based on the info from ict's link, Apple is outselling Android phones... but it's only at the 250 stores surveyed. That's probably a pretty small slice of the overall stores in the country selling phones, so overall, Android comes out ahead.

I AM IMPORT POWER
    Owner Since

Thanks
    i have neither.... and am pretty happy about that.

-Chris

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Im waiting on a Nokia Windows Phone.... I want a full keyboard though.