Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here collect watches?

Quote Originally Posted by gltasn View Post
    i once sold 5 yachtmasters in one day.
    Nice. Did you make a commission on each watch you sold?

Max

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner up View Post
    One of my dream watches. Hmm, you should sell it to me.
    Yeah it was my dream watch that I could afford at the moment. The Omega will be something I pass on to my son. Provided he doesn't end up being a screw up with a drug problem who will pawn anything for a quick fix. LOL
    Moving on to reality. Sold my 3KGT, and now I am selling off my parts.
    Click here to see my parts for sale

What do you guys think of Lumtec and Luminox? I bought a $25 smith and wesson military watch several months ago to "practice" watch wearing because I've never worn one before. I'm thinking of upgrading.

TD04 Upgrade & Billet TD05 Upgrades
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My grandpa was a jewelery and watch maker so he also sold alot of high end watches as well. His "everyday" watch was a Rolex Oyster circa 1967. It came with two bands, one was an all stainless steel band and the other a stainless steel and gold band. He passed away when I was two but he left it in his will for me so when I turned 17 I was supposed to get it. It sat in my safe deposit box until 3 weeks ago (I'm 24) so it was sitting for the last 22 years. I picked it up and within a few seconds it was running and its kept accurate time since the safe deposit box. I'll have to snap a couple pictures when I get home.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    There are some nice watches on here...Heres my few, Im not really a collector but I got two from my grandfather.

Two on left are from my grandfather
    From left to right: Whittnauer, Seiko Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, A Swatch , Fossil my ex got for me two years ago I really like this one but I cracked it .

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've a Boy London watch I had made for me (I had a friend at the Factory). I'll fish it out at some stage and up a pic its 17 yo now but still works great and still looks tough/hard even today. I had this Indian guy come to my house one-day and ask if he could use my house phone. He was very well off so didn't feel threatened by him. I saw his watch and was gobsmacked. I aked him about it and he said everyone comments on it. He bought it secondhand for $25000 and it was a heavy solid gold Rolex. He bought it at home in India from a deceased estate so has no idea of actual worth. The whole watch was hand carved with Indian gods, Ganesha and Sakthi. The face was studded with diamonds also. It was the most beautiful watch I have ever seen...
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    my current daily-use watch:

i think i paid ~$100 for it. touch function is a bit gimmicky and annoying, but there isn't a whole lot to choose from in the digital realm of steel watch bezel & bands; at least not in black.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I really like watches, I sort of collect them but I'm a college student, so they're hard to afford especially being so expensive. I have a watch my grandfather gave me, which is just kind of a normal watch. I also have a pretty cool watch that has a changing background, I think it's LCD or something, but the watch itself is analog. My coolest watch though my ex-girlfriend got me, both sides of the face are clear, so you can see all the gears inside turning and keeping time. It's pretty snazzy.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm surprised that Tag Heuer hasn't gotten more love on here. Great quality, reasonable price, and racing inspired designs.

I'm in love with the Carrera Calibre 16:

$3,900 retail, but you can find them for $2,500.

I avoid trying to look at them, as I'm pumping cash into the Stealth currently, and perhaps buying a house, etc.

Keeping my priorities straight...
    Last edited by ijsaul; 02-02-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i would never spend over a grand on a watch. then again, i won't spend over $50 on a pair of sunglasses (heck, i've never spent more than $30).

diminishing returns right there.