Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home security

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Granny

Screw freezing the balls. Shoot marbles

And if they do end up in your house. Shoot to kill and put a knife in their hand and put a little cut on yourself

The Boss
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhallaz View Post
    If I have to shoot someone in defense of my home, my intention is that they don't survive. The center of the torso is a big slow moving target and in the dark, in a tense situation, big slow moving targets are a good thing. Burglars tend to come in 2's and 3's. Don't relax until you know you've found them all. It'll only take one to ruin your whole day. Their next of kin may sue you, but they will not. Medical bills won't be an issue.
    And a dog is an excellent idea. Doesn't have to be a big dog so much as a big sounding dog. Hearing Cujo on the other side of a door is a fine deterrent.
    Shoot to kill = no medical bills + no witnesses(if its inside).
    Put up 'trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again' sign. You warned them, other wise the french called it a 'Guillotine'. AKA 'off with his head"

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    I put up no trespassing signs. Signs read:

No Trespassing
    Violators will
    be Prosecuted
    And Possibly Shot At

Ya my neighbors 8 year old daughter saw those and freaked out They were the ones trespassing too. Caught them on a trail cam. They walked not 50 yards from my house >_< If I had seen them I would have got them with the paint ball gun .
    If I ever have someone break in, Id sure as hell shoot them. Or get them with the Katana above my bed

I Kill Threads verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Go for the katana that'd be so much more bad ass.
    1992 3000GT VR-4
    DR650s,Denso 550 injectors, Walbro 255, Emanage Blue,3SX Cat Eliminator Downpipe,Short Shifter,DNP Hardpipe Kit,HKS SSQV,Underdrive pulley,Carbotech slotted rotors,RPS Lightweight Flywheel, Maximal Solid Mounts

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    check your state and local law for what you can do to protect yourself and property. ohio has a castel law where you can shoot anyone breaking in your house without being sued in civil court by a relative. the only security i need is my trigger finger which is well trained

You live in MI, you are governed by Michigan HB 5143. They approved Castle Doctrine in 2006. You have the right to use force to defend property and the right to use deadly force without a duty to retreat if you have a reasonable belief that you need to do so to defend yourself from serious threat. The House Bill also allows you to presume that any intruder entering your occupied dwelling can potentially be construed a serious threat and as such (unless they have a right to be there, eg. resident, owner, lessee, spouse, parent, child with no restraining orders etc.) you can kill someone who forces their way into your occupied house or vehicle. This allows you to kill anyone invading any covered portion of your property. You are not allowed to shoot someone walking on your lawn, but if they break into any section of your house that is roofed (including an attached garage) you can shoot them.

You should be aware though that if the prosecutor so chooses, they can potentially bring charges against you for excessive use of force, however, where before, it was on you to prove that you had a legal need to use said force, the onus is now on them (if they want to press charges for some reason) to prove that the use of said force was completely unnecessary and that any other person would not have acted the same way.

The Bill also happens to cover roofed property such as a tent on public camping grounds, i.e. you can potentially kill someone invading your occupied tent without your consent while camping somewhere that you have a legal right to be.

To read more about the Castle Doctrine in Michigan to know what your rights are in defending yourself and your property:
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/11/03/a...t-legislation/
    http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/News...s.aspx?id=7916

With the law being the way it is in MI, if they entered MY dwelling, I would shoot to kill, not to wound.

Max

P.S. I am not a lawyer, nor am I in law enforcement, so these are solely my personal opinions and interpretations. You should do your own research on the subject and/or contact a lawyer to confirm your rights.
    P.P.S. bobby trapping your property against human invaders is illegal in all states AFAIK. Definitely in MI. You could only set bear traps on your property if you live in an area that is populated with them and can prove you have had problems with bears. If you set a bear trap on your property and actually catch someone in it (it would likely cause severe injury) they could sue you (even if they were trespassing, and potentially even if they were in the act of committing a crime such as theft), AND the cops could press charges if you have no valid reason for having bear traps on your property.
    Last edited by bluemax_1; 11-06-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I set up a camera. It's pointing right at my car. I was kidding about the bear traps lol. I think I'm gonna get some trip sensors (most likely from a garage door system) and hook them up to some sets of LED's that will display in my house so I know when someone is in my yard and I can check the cameras. I really just think a good shot in the air and a "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" will make them never come back again. Catching them in the act is the problem.

The Boss
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphiron View Post
    I set up a camera. It's pointing right at my car. I was kidding about the bear traps lol. I think I'm gonna get some trip sensors (most likely from a garage door system) and hook them up to some sets of LED's that will display in my house so I know when someone is in my yard and I can check the cameras. I really just think a good shot in the air and a "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" will make them never come back again. Catching them in the act is the problem.
    Shot in the air is worse then an intentional kill shot. When it comes down and kills someone accidentally you will have bigger problems.

No sheep are safe tonight supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Honestly, once you kill one or two of them, they'll stop coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiron View Post
    Shooting in the air is a TERRIBLE idea. Shooting them is infinitely better. Is the camera visible? Is it a GOOD camera? Most cameras are worthless, and when they're visible, they become another target to get rid of prior to breaking in to your vehicle. A camera will stop the juvenile idiot, but not anyone with experience.

Get a dog. A dog will get your attention better than any high tech LED system, and will alert you to exactly where your yard is being trespassed in. Additionally, what are the LEDs going to do when you're snoozing? My GF's dog will bark and jump on us until one of us wakes up if someone is going through the yard.