Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Fantasy Football

So joining some old buddies of mine in a 16 team PPR fantasy league. Haven't played for several years, and honestly have only loosely kept up with professional football as a whole..As luck would have it..I got the top overall pick. Figured it'd be useful to get input from people who still do this/follow this, and of course to recount the experience through out.

At the moment, I am thinking I'll probably draft LeSean McCoy first overall. In a PPR league, and with Kelly's rapid fire run heavy offense, I expect him to get a lot of touches.
    Since my second pick won't be for a while, I'm expecting (unfortunately) most of the top receivers will be off the boards, so I'm expecting to have to pick a mid-range receiver. Unfortunately it'll be too late to have any reasonable idea of who is left. I think I'm probably going to sandwich receivers (since I'll pick back to back) and may take a chance on Kelvin Benjamin with one of them. I'm a Panthers fan, but also he's Carolina's only decent receiver and expect Carolina to be playing from behind a lot this year anyhow so he should get a decent number of touches. Hopefully Roddy White or Cordarrelle Patterson will be available, two players I anticipate will have big years.

Going to wait to draft a QB unless there haven't been any taken by my fourth/fifth pick, then I *may* snag one if one of the top guys is left. There's actually a decent bit of depth there (after the top 3, the next 5 or 6 are grouped pretty close together), so thinking that maybe I might get lucky and snag an Andy Dalton or something later on. Don't want to be left with a scrub, but I don't want to go too early.

If I draft RB, WR, WR, WR, QB I think that I'll likely be pretty well situated for the season.
    Mods: 2g 3k body conversion, 2g Brake upgrade, Rota P45R rims
    Projects: Interior sound deadening, 14Bs, forged bottom end, custom radiator and sound mounts

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    We did our draft last weekend. Having a 16 team draft is going to be rough when it comes to depth. We only did a 10 team draft this year. We had 12 last year but lost 3 guys from last year (only because they are pussies and couldn't handle losing) and picked up another to replace one of the 3.

Any way, I also had first pick and I also picked up Shady for the first pick. We are going with a 2 QB system this year so QB's aren't as valuable. With a 1 QB system you almost want to pick one up early, especially being that ALL 32 starting QB's are going to be drafted in your league.

If I were you I would definitely consider taking a QB in the 2nd/3rd round. Sure some of the top tier ones will already be gone after 30 other picks, but I wouldn't wait until 4th/5th round to do it.

My draft class is pretty solid I think. It really may come down to myself and the commish just like it did last year. Only problem is we are both in the same division this year so only one of us will be the 1 seed while the other will be a 3 at best.

My draft class by position is

QB Matt Stafford
    QB Ben Roethlisberger
    QB Joe Flacco
    RB Lesean McCoy
    RB Rashaad Jennings
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Pierre Thomas
    WR Brandon Marshall
    WR Desean Jackson
    WR Golden Tate
    WR Terrence Williams
    TE Vernon Davis
    TE Martellus Bennett
    K Nick Folk
    K Robbie Gould
    D Panthers
    D Browns

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    League set up: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Definitely puts a bit more emphasis on the QB position, primarily on the back up QB position since I suspect that'll decide a handful of games this year. Looks more and more like taking Shady first would be a wise move..Unfortunately, I work Sunday when the draft is occuring. May try to get someone to cover for me for a few hours so I can take off early.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Our set up is QB, QB, RB, RB, RB/WR flex, WR, WR, WR/TE flex, TE, K, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Well fuck..They failed to mention that there were keepers in the league (which is kinda bullshit since over half of us didn't play last year)
    Ended up taking Matt Forte #1. With 16 teams, the depth charts are god awful. I should've just sackedup and set up my team where all my players had the same week or two off, and just eaten the losses since depth is terrible all around.

As it sits:
    QB: Russell Wilson
    WR: Roddy White
    WR: Cordarrelle Patterson
    TE: Antonio Gates
    W/T: Michael Crabtree
    RB: Matt Forte
    RB: LaGarrette Blound

Bench players:
    WR: Riley Cooper
    WR: Jerricho Cotchery
    TE: Owen Daniels
    RB: James White
    QB: Kirk Cousins

Had to try to draft from my phone so I had no access to any real information on the players, 1 minute to make your pick and I was at work...So I also ended up with Justin Blackmon and Kendall Hunter :P Opps.

Forgot about Blackmon's suspension and didn't even know Hunter had gone on IR. On the desktop version of the league, it shows that Blackmon is out for the seasonand that Hunter is on IR...Didn't show anything on Mobile so I had to guess. I'll drop them first chance and grab some slouch to slot in there. If RG3 goes down with an injury (or plays poorly) I may be able to parlay Kirk Cousins into a decent choice later. Same with Riley Cooper. Might drop Cotchery and grab Robert Woods..I expect Buffalo to be playing from behind a lot and throwing the ball quite a bit.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Cotchery was a good red zone target for Pittsburgh last year. Not sure how he will be used now.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    My football fantasy is that Suarez gets a lifetime ban.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Cotchery was a good red zone target for Pittsburgh last year. Not sure how he will be used now.
    Carolina (even though they're my team) is likely going to be awful this year. Lot of turnover on the o line, they've got a rookie WR stepping in to be a #1, I expect Newton to end up hurt at some point. Cotchery likely will see limited playing time with me unless Carolina is going against a team with terrible pass defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    My football fantasy is that Suarez gets a lifetime ban.
    They didn't give him one?

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Whoever drafted Welker just got handed a dose of eff off by the league. He got suspended 4 games for PED's.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Truth.

Dropped Kendall Hunter and Justin Blackmon (since he's unlikely to play this year and I've got some depth at WR) put in a waiver wire claim for DuJuan Harris (GBs #2/3 RB, but they always get injured) and Dexter McCluster, but FAs have a freakin bid process. I don't really want to spend money trying to pull guys in. McCluster gives me another projected 4-5 points per week over Blount, but neither is a starter unfortunately. Depth of the league is such that I focused on grabbing WRs (Have 3 who are projected for 15+ points per week, and another 2 at 11+ points per week) and I'm just going to have to lean on Forte getting me reliable production and my receivers to go off and that LeVeon Bell gets injured or suspended or something.