It's that time of year again to spend all the monies on the 3k. Most people's yearly refresh includes things like changing the oil, checking the brakes, wash/wax, and maybe throwing in a new air freshener. Mine tend to be engine rebuilds.

I sold my Del Sol over the weekend and couldn't think of a better place to dump the cash.

I ordered a 6G74 from BestofJDM.com. They have the most complete parts list out of any that I've found and are based in Virginia. Most people say to go through JDMEnginesDepot. Their website says they are out of stock so I emailed them to find out when they would be back in stock. They replied that they are unavailable.

Since I have to modify my SS downpipe anyway I figured now is the time to order a cat-back so that whatever exhaust shop I take it to can make my DP work with it rather than lining it up with my stock 2.5" and later trying to get the new exhaust to fit. I ordered the IPS quad tip system. I've heard nothing but good reviews on it and I like the way it looks stock but flows better and weighs less.

I also found a good deal on a 4-bolt turbo oil pan. You either have to modify the 74 oil pan to clear the t-case or grind the 74 girdle to clear the 72 pan. Grinding the girdle seems like the less painful way to go.

The only other thing I thought I might need is '99 style lifters. I went ahead and picked them up from 3sx with the tool that they have on sale.

Of course other things will pop up but I'll deal with them as they come.