in 2007, i purchased some GT-C 18x10 24mm offset wheels through GT-PRO with an explicit specification to them that they MUST work over 2g-tt brakes.

today i discovered that not only was that a misconception (which i'd suspected after the rear brakes were converted) & noticed the NON EXISTENT clearance on the 2g rears; the 2g fronts do not clear at all. period.

fortunately, milt had some spacers which i was forced to utilize. we also had to shave quite a bit of surface area of the 2g tt calipers in order to clear the inner edge of the caliper past the spokes.

i cannot say for certain that this would still be a problem with larger rotors; as the gt-c's i have do have ample clearance the further out from the hub the caliper sits. my original intention was to purchase a 355mm brake kit--which is about 1.5" larger diameter than stock--and which would push the calipers out an extra 3/4" from the hub. i'm also uncertain of caliper design--though most aftermarket brakes do seem to clearance better than stock, i cannot say if this is because of caliper design or increase in rotor diameter.

so agian, shaving+spacers = barely clears the spokes. i now have tires which sit out AMAZINGLY far from the fenders & an unsafe amount of threading on my lugs holding the wheels in place.

p.s.

if anyone is interested in my gt-c's, i'll probably be willing to trade for something good looking that can clear the stock brakes...AND fit my 285/35r18 tires.