Finally bought myself a new car. Got a smoking deal since the car includes a TON of relatively expensive extras, found some issues I wasn't expecting and now I get to do a member's journal, woohoo!

Drove 5 hours to go buy this GTI in NY. H&R Springs all the way around, new Bilstein rear struts, and 160k mile front struts. 5 hours home on the highway with struts like this vv was hilarious. I hope the people I blew past were laughing as much as I was.

WTF? I have a Helios blue BBS RA for my spare tire rim...

Got home safe and sound, cleaned her up and made a tally of the issues I had: Passenger inner door handle is no longer attached to the door latch; passenger side lap belt is gone; passenger front indicator and marker light don't work; headlights are trash; driver's door latch needs finagled to close; headliner is sagging; door cards have shrunken leather; no radio; no fuel gauge; missing seat levers; blend door foam is missing (blows out in your face); exhaust leaks; handbrake doesn't work. I'll try to think of anything else.

Some cleaned up pics:

Obviously I need to get inspected to drive on the road in PA, so I'm going to start tackling the obvious inspection issues first.

Find where the exhaust is leaking: