Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Photography

Forum User Feedback Score 0 2turbosandmanyrepairs's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'd like to get back into photography soon too. I used to have a canon t2i but dropped it in a pond... I'll post up some pictures later

Administrator Feedback Score 3 (100%) Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have found that Adobe Lightroom is a lot better/easier at most post processing. I love the fact that it does all of its work on the raw image as well.

At $149(or less) its a bargin compared to PS and much better at editing that the Nikon software.

There will be Blood! verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) CoopKill's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I use PS, paint.net, Picasa, and one other one. Depends on what I want to do. Wwill have to check out Lightroom.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Forum User Feedback Score 0 2turbosandmanyrepairs's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you guys want I can show you guys how to get PS or Lightroom for free. No way in hell would I pay $1000 for a program..

Owner Since

Thanks
    I have free PS, can prolly get lightroom. Not a good idea to show if not legal... At least on the forum anyway.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I went on a hike and snapped some more photos yesterday.

The first pic was pure luck. I was walking down the trail when I heard one deer get up and take off through the woods. I got another 50 feet down the trail and this doe stood up not 5 feet from me. The only thing that sucked is I had just messd with some of the settings on a previous picture because I was getting washout from the sun so I darkened it up. I didn't have a chance to check the previews and adjust settings because I didn't want to miss the shot.

The second pic was taken at the same location of the pic in my original post. I just moved to a different spot on the pond, and it was earlier in the day for this shot.

All in all I am slightly disappointed. I shot over 60 photos and not one of them do I consider good shots. :-/

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Owner Since

Thanks
    The deer is great!

I try to keep my subject, and horizon lines out of the center of the picture using the 1/3rd rule. Of course there are times this is not the case.

Another thing to think about with composition is giving the eye something to follow through out the shot using shot placement, natural lines of contrast/color, such as a branch that starts from say the lower left corner heading diagonal across the frame to the subject. Giving the eye something to follow that draws the attention to the subject of your choice can take the same scene shot from different location/angle and tell many stories.

An old timer friend of mine would take me out and give me one scene, and tell me to shoot as many stories as I could pull off. He then would take the camera without looking at what I shot and do the same. With around 20 - 30 shots each, there would only be one or two that were similar. It is a great way to tune your eye to "see" the shot quicker, and to go outside the box to see what you would normally not.

He also kept repeating that the definition of photography is to tell stories with light...

I have much practicing to do... lol

Member verified Feedback Score 0 nodoze's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    the deer one looks pretty good , i was running the other day and a doe and two fawns opped out of the brush about twenty feeet from me scared me half to death

Owner Since

Thanks
    Also, do not be disappointed in the attempts made to get good shots. He has been published many times, and always said that out of 1000 shots there may be 15 good ones, and maybe one that is great.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    the deer one looks pretty good , i was running the other day and a doe and two fawns opped out of the brush about twenty feeet from me scared me half to death
    She definitely startled me. I was lost in my own world and BAM she's right in front of me. She started to leave then turned right back around and took a few steps toward me. Then she was getting irritated with me so I left her alone and continued on my way.

Bill, I will always be disappointed in most of my photographer. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to that.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast