Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Chattanooga, back in a Stealth

Forum User supporter Feedback Score 0 Eric Hawkins's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Long Time

Thanks

Hello from Chattanooga, back in a Stealth

So I haven’t owned a 3/S in about 5-6 years, I run across a great deal on a 1995 R/T TT for $1500.00 around Atlanta and had to jump on it. Not too sure where I want to take this car but I was just wondering if there are any other guys around the Chattanooga area still. Here are a few pics of the new ride.

1998 Corvette M6 Coupe - 3ft in the air getting a transmission
    2008 Jeep Commander Hemi - Drinks gas like its 1969
    1995 Stealth R/T TT - New toy
    1990 Nissan Hardbody - Barely Dependable

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i hate you. that's an incredibly spectacular deal.

Owner Since
    Long Time

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    i hate you. that's an incredibly spectacular deal.
    I know, I swore I would never own another but I just could not pass it up. The pics make it look really good, it is in need of some serious love. Someone keyed the driver’s side, the whole car will get a coat of paint. I purchased it sight unseen with 126,000 miles knowing it overheated. The owner had a new water pump along with the other 60k service stuff done before I got it. I guess he just gave up on it, I changed the thermostat and cap and it has yet to overheat again. Pressure test settled at 15psi and held it for a few hours. I had to turn the idle adj screw up a bit to keep it from dying. I am going to pull the intake and change the plugs/wires along with a compression test, oil change and boot leak test. I have to get the transmission in the Vette before I start screwing too much with this thing. I know one thing, driving this car gives me goose bumps, such a nostalgic feeling, I had some great times in my old Stealths.

Owner Since
    Long Time

Thanks
    Also can someone tell me what the hell happened to the other forum. I mean I really haven’t kept up with anything, I went there searching for some stuff and I swear I almost started throwing things due to the blatant amount of bad information being tossed around as fact. It’s really hard to research stuff when you see information you don't know to take serious or not.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hawkins View Post
    Also can someone tell me what the hell happened to the other forum. I mean I really haven’t kept up with anything, I went there searching for some stuff and I swear I almost started throwing things due to the blatant amount of bad information being tossed around as fact. It’s really hard to research stuff when you see information you don't know to take serious or not.
    all of the quality left with the forum split in 2010. AF basically gave us the finger one too many times, and Alan was awesome enough to set up this forum and keep the community alive. there are still a few vets over there that don't know this place exists--thanks to AF's dirty work. stick around here, this is where the real 3/s community united.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Congrats, I think I know who's car this was. Did it have a TN title?

all of the quality left with the forum split in 2010. AF basically gave us the finger one too many times, and Alan was awesome enough to set up this forum and keep the community alive. there are still a few vets over there that don't know this place exists--thanks to AF's dirty work. stick around here, this is where the real 3/s community united.
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Owner Since
    Long Time

Thanks
    That is a shame, the platform has evolved alot! I was thrilled to read that you can run a flashable stock ecu now. I need to send you a PM about some stuff, I have decided that this car will be getting an automatic but I am still researching it.

Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Congrats, I think I know who's car this was. Did it have a TN title?

No, the guy I purchased it from was the second owner I believe. He had the car for 10 years, he purchased it with 60k and put another 60k on it.

There will be Blood! verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) CoopKill's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Welcome back to it! Nice ride, killer deal...

I would/could not pass that up either, but another would bankrupt me as I can't stop upgrading... lmao

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Owner Since
    Long Time

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    Welcome back to it! Nice ride, killer deal...

I would/could not pass that up either, but another would bankrupt me as I can't stop upgrading... lmao
    Thanks! Yeah, I have the same problem... I am going to try and get a build planed on paper this week and see what kind of budget I am going to need.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hawkins View Post

No, the guy I purchased it from was the second owner I believe. He had the car for 10 years, he purchased it with 60k and put another 60k on it.
    So it wasn't Earnest's car?

BTW, I live next to Oak Ridge and will be having another gathering soon so if you want to go I'll let you know when the date is. You are pretty close to Dwayne (ZERO).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast