Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supercharger fuel system

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Got my injectors (used tt) can anyone suggest the resistors I should used and any tips on wiring them up?

At least my jackstands are reliable Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) Uniuno's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I believe I used 6.5 ohm resistors from partsexpress.com when I did my conversion and wired them into a patch harness I made myself. You can just cut into the harness near the ecu though and put them there. I think it was like 13 bucks or something for all of them. I'm 90% positive about 6.5 ohm.. but it was a few years ago that I did that.. Good luck

95 Base 3k: 6G74/TT/AWD conversion

Forum User Feedback Score 0 ibsorgn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Got them from Mouser.com about $6
    Last edited by ibsorgn; 09-17-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 ibsorgn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown3000 View Post
    Got my injectors (used tt) can anyone suggest the resistors I should used and any tips on wiring them up?
    Seeings how I'm getting more adapt at inserting pixs, below are a few photos of how I wired in the resistors. The resistor pack was made using ABS plumbing fittings and was used to service the 3 rear injectors. The front resistors were spliced and soldered and hid in the flat plastic wire conduit that sits above the front injectors.
    The main reason why I wired as I did is I wanted to ensure that I could access any resistor simply and without pulling the intake manifold. I also wanted the install to be clean and look professional ie., no resistors wrapped in electrical tape and laying on top and under the manifold. BTW, I painted the resistor b4 I installed, just roughed the ABS to ensure the wrinkle paint stuck.

Last edited by ibsorgn; 09-19-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Grammar

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    [QUOTE=ibsorgn;193885]Seeings how I'm getting more adapt at inserting pixs, below are a few photos of how I wired in the resistors. The resistor pack was made using ABS plumbing fittings and was used to service the 3 rear injectors. The front resistors were spliced and soldered and hid in the flat plastic wire conduit that sits above the front injectors.
    The main reason why I wired as I did is I wanted to ensure that I could access any resistor simply and without pulling the intake manifold. I also wanted the install to be clean and look professional ie., no resistors wrapped in electrical tape and laying on top and under the manifold. BTW, I painted the resistor b4 I installed, just roughed the ABS to ensure the wrinkle paint stuck.

Tried to think of a better way but nothing came to mind. Followed along your ideas and it came out very neat and clean. Appreciate the pixs.
    Last edited by Blown3000; 09-28-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: remove pics

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234