Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger fuel system

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    you've spent the cash for a supercharger, meth injection, headers already, why do you want to skimp on the systems that make it all run

flashable is the smartest thing to do along with what ever size injectors and fuel pump you need

Forum User Feedback Score 0 ibsorgn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown3000 View Post
    A long time ago I read a post from a guy that installed 2 injectors in his intake manifold and would inject fuel above a certain rpm or boost level, I can't remember which nor how he triggered it. I think he was running a centrifugal supercharger. Seems like that could be a solution and a rather inexpensive one at that. Oh, my FMU is blue and I think that is a 10- 1.
    I believe the guy you were referring to was in Europe or England but I do remember reading and seeing a few pixs of his set up. Thought it was quite novel and I believe that he trigger the injectors with his SAFC when a certain rpm was reached. The only drawback is that it is a on or off injection like your WMI and not a measured injection like what is controlled by your ECU. Beau_Jester (I think that's his handle in 3SI) told me that he wired in TT injectors but still controls the fuel system with his NA ECU and the help of a SAFC. I don't know whether he still uses a FMU as the NA ECU has no reference for boost. I think he seemed satisfied with his setup but you might try reaching him. Have you made any fuel system changes?

Forum User Feedback Score 0 ibsorgn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    not at all. but i am aware of OP's previous posts & relative hostility towards the tt-crowd.
    Who is OP?

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3000gttom View Post
    you've spent the cash for a supercharger, meth injection, headers already, why do you want to skimp on the systems that make it all run

flashable is the smartest thing to do along with what ever size injectors and fuel pump you need
    How does researching my options translate into skimping? I'm trying to keep an open mind in tackling this issue. I'll make note of your flashable ECU suggestion. BTW, wasn't it you that thought my installing headers was the wrong thing to do you, yet I read your thread about you having trouble installing headers on your car? I take it you had a change of heart. Also, if your planning on TT your motor won't you need to pull your new headers and install a different exhaust manifold? See this is where doing a little planning and research can save time and money, unless of course you have abandon the turbocharging idea.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ibsorgn View Post
    Don't think the man is claiming its different.

Blown, still using the NA ECU and injectors?
    Sorry, I missed your question. Yes I'm still running the stock ECU and injectors, in fact the whole fuel system is stock except for the FMU.

OG Member verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've worked with FMU setups on supercharger setups and the best way to handle this is to get a rising rate (1:1) fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump/injectors that will support the power levels. It can be done on the NA ECU with proper timing control.
    How much boost pressure are you running and what supercharger setup? Stock 10:1 N/A motor as well?

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown3000 View Post
    How does researching my options translate into skimping? I'm trying to keep an open mind in tackling this issue. I'll make note of your flashable ECU suggestion. BTW, wasn't it you that thought my installing headers was the wrong thing to do you, yet I read your thread about you having trouble installing headers on your car? I take it you had a change of heart. Also, if your planning on TT your motor won't you need to pull your new headers and install a different exhaust manifold? See this is where doing a little planning and research can save time and money, unless of course you have abandon the turbocharging idea.
    lol you never even read my posts before, and yes long tube headers are not as good for a supercharger setup as shorties or even a good exhaust manifold

ive have always been n/a, i would never run a fwd-tt ever, or a sc front wheel drive, too much trouble keeping the torque down

tbh when an option as cheap and easy as the flashable is available, i feel like anything else is skimping

as to my ecu problem, when i installed my headers i broke an o2 sensor without realizing it, but once i threw a CEL for fuel trims i looked at my trims and i was maxed out, and i was able to see that my rear o2 was not reading any voltage, i replaced it and car runs great now, easy troubleshooting is another benefit of the flashable ecu

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3000gttom View Post
    lol you never even read my posts before -- tbh when an option as cheap and easy as the flashable is available, i feel like anything else is skimping
    Sorry I thought you authored "might be starting m build this summer, need opinions and info" must have been some other 3000gttom.

Anyway "To each his own" I just found that the Flashable ECU is a relatively expensive option for my requirements and what I'm currently needing. Maybe in the future, if my plans change, I may reconsider.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
    I've worked with FMU setups on supercharger setups and the best way to handle this is to get a rising rate (1:1) fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump/injectors that will support the power levels. It can be done on the NA ECU with proper timing control.
    How much boost pressure are you running and what supercharger setup? Stock 10:1 N/A motor as well?
    6 psi, MP90, Stock NA motor ECU and fuel system. I do run a WMA trigger at 2psi.

Owner Since

Thanks
    yea thats my thread, nothing wrong with anything i said in it, just no need to deal with trolls

when you say your tuning has to just meet requirements then your skimping,

o well have fun cutting corners, ive already gained 10wtq from 5000 rpm to the redline on an n/a with flash tuning just the fuel map

Untitled.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast