Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My 6g74 tt build

Forum User Feedback Score 0 ibsorgn's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n2nsanity View Post
    I've still got plenty of research to do. First thing I'm going to tackle is the fuel as I definitely need new lines and no idea how old the filter is. I dumped a can of seafoam in the gas tank last week, so I think now's definitely a good time to replace it. So, right now I want to go ahead and get a new fuel filter and AFPR and lines (Preferably a dual feed setup with AN fittings and SS lines, even though I don't really need it). I've already spent a lot of time looking at my fuel options and the more I look, the more options I see and the more questions I have. Anyone have some good recommendations for this stuff?

Aside from that, for now I'll just be collecting whatever random cheap parts I can find that I know I'll need for the conversion.
    If money is an issue you can use simple copper compression fittings as that is much cheaper than AN and Stainless. They can always be swapped out at a later date. The heart of a good fuel system starts with the fuel pump so that's where I would begin before making any fuel system changes. I'm not a brand name guy, but a pump that will supply good constant pressure with volume for your target HP. I'm not into big hp but I'm sure many guys in this forum can suggest some tried and true pumps but I would assume something in the neighborhood of 300+lpg. Please let us know what the solution is to the ECU as I'm very curious on this whole 6G74 swap as I think it is an excellant choice as a replacement motor.

94 3500gt vr2? verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) n2nsanity's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Already have a tt fuel pump installed. It's noisy as hell, lol. But as long as it works... This is already installed because the previous owner of this car had the RIPP SC kit until he blew his motor. I picked it up for very cheap and dropped the 6g74 in

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If your fuel pump isnt hotwired, i would recommend that. As for the ECU issue, Brett from St.louis sells a flashable ecu for all years if i remember correctly. possibly might want to look into that.
    93 Stealth ES - 3000GT conversion,AWD conversion, ACPT 1 piece CFDS, Operable AA wing, 99 rear garnish, R/T sails, ABS delete, SS Clutch line, SS braided brake lines, Vac clutch assist, 2G TT brakes all around, Kyb Gr-2 shocks, Megan Springs up front Tein S tech's in the rear, Cusco rear strut bar, Ebay front strut bar, TT cat back exhaust , K&N cone filter, Poly motor mounts, Poly front suspension bushings, and poly rear diff bushings.

Chris said ninjas don't fall down. Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks
    subscribed

Owner Since

Thanks
    Already have a tt fuel pump installed. It's noisy as hell, lol. But as long as it works... This is already installed because the previous owner of this car had the RIPP SC kit until he blew his motor. I picked it up for very cheap and dropped the 6g74 in
    Don't see why the pump should be noisy, noisy like in raddling or just operation? Still not clear and what ECU you are using?

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Fuel pump will be hotwired soon. Just need to get out and do it. Already have distribution blocks in the trunk, so this should be easy.

Fuel pump is a little noisy in operation. Sounds like a power antenna motor. With the rear seats up, cargo cover closed and stuff in the trunk it's not as bad.

I will be buying a flash-able tt ecu later (see my shopping list). Car is a little bit of a frankenstein because I used what I had laying around. It was a supercharged 94sl, 3.0, atx, ca spec. Now it's technically a 94base with a 3.5, mtx, fed spec, no abs, no ecs.
    ECU and engine harness are from a 94 base. Engine from a debonaire. Trans and axles are from a 92es.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Fuel pump will be hotwired soon. Just need to get out and do it. Already have distribution blocks in the trunk, so this should be easy.

Fuel pump is a little noisy in operation. Sounds like a power antenna motor. With the rear seats up, cargo cover closed and stuff in the trunk it's not as bad.

I will be buying a flash-able tt ecu later (see my shopping list). Car is a little bit of a frankenstein because I used what I had laying around. It was a supercharged 94sl, 3.0, atx, ca spec. Now it's technically a 94base with a 3.5, mtx, fed spec, no abs, no ecs.
    ECU and engine harness are from a 94 base. Engine from a debonaire. Trans and axles are from a 92es.
    So a Fed spec NA ECU is compatable with a 6G74. Are you using the SAFC? If so, do you use it and make any correction? Am I understanding correctly that you pulled the CA spec ECU and harness and replaced with a FED spec setup? That sound the fuel pump is making may be indicative of a loose mounting of the FP to it's carrier. Might want to check, if it is a vibration, it could cause a fire or explosion.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yes, all 93+ ECU's should be directly compatible with the 6g74.
    I'm not using the SAFC yet.
    The fuel pump sounds normal for a walbro. It's just a whining sound. After I finished putting my interior back together it's a lot less noticeable.

Owner Since

Thanks
    The fuel pump sounds normal for a walbro. It's just a whining sound. After I finished putting my interior back together it's a lot less noticeable.
    A direct plug in? This is the 3 connector ECU you are refering to isn't it? Pump is whining okay, if it was vibrating or rattling I would ditto Blown's comment.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    94 and up TTs and Cal spec cars use 4 connector ECUs, all 91-93 and 94 -95 Fed spec NAs use 3 connector. Which one do you use 3 connector or 4?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast