Results 1 to 10 of 379

Thread: '99 VR-4 19T Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    JNS Engineering verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,112
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 155 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Groove View Post
    I just ordered up some Porterfield R4S pads. Seems to be best for what I will be doing with the car. 90% street and comfort, 10% track.
    R4S initial bite when cold may not be as good as stock but when warmed up they will be superior. I also want to say I had speed bleeders for years and didn't have a problem but when I did my last brake service I had one fail and leave a huge pile of brake oil. A second one dripped a little bit as well. And these issues occured when they were threaded in tight. I don't know WTF happened, maybe debris got between the caliper and the seat of the speed bleeders. I went back to my standard brake screws and recruited my favorite helper.
    Last edited by Jimvr4; 09-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering