Thanks!
Though, in my 14 years of owning a 3S I've never had a perfect car. I swear I will probably go ape shit at my first door ding.
-John
Thanks!
Though, in my 14 years of owning a 3S I've never had a perfect car. I swear I will probably go ape shit at my first door ding.
-John
The first one is always the worst !!!!! I finished my build a week before my wedding and asked two mates with 3000GT's to park either side of my car at my wedding (fresh out the spray booth in a custom colour). Needless too say one was over eager when opening his door and smacked my rear arch giving it a nice big crease and taking a chunk of paint out
It's still there now as it's double skinned and would require a full rear quarter spray plus blending door and boot lid to match .
You can not keep it perfect unless you put it in a museum. Consider a full clear bra on the front end. Though it will cost a bit it will save your paint from rock chips.
^ that's pretty much the only way. wrapping the whole car in clear vinyl isn't a bad idea either...or at least the parts exposed to stress (mirrors, skirt vents, etc).
They wanted 900$ to wrap my bumper and 1/2 hood in 3m clear.
A brand new bumper and hood only costs 900$ already painted.
YMMV. I got bumper, full hood, full fenders, mirrors, and full tint for just a bit more than that. IMO the line would have been very noticeable on a black car but may be OK on a white car. Also to consider are up charges for compounding and finishing to remove orange peel and downtime. It's a good point though.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
----------------[2007 Ride of the Year.................................. 3.5 Stroker I did.w/DBB DR1000's
There's now spray on clear bra, might be worth trying it out.
R135
╚╬╬╝
- 24
|
3000gt.com 3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop |
|
Team 3S 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information daveblack.net |
|
Michigan 3S MInnesota 3S Wisconsin 3S Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S |
North California 3000GT/Stealth United Society of 3S Owners 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums 3000GT/Stealth International |
|
3S National Gathering East Coast Gathering Upper Mid-West Gathering Blue Ridge Gathering |
Bookmarks