Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 379

Thread: '99 VR-4 19T Build

  1. #141
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    Car update...nada.

    After the car was moved to my inlaws on Wednesday the 12. I spent the rest of the 12th packing and cleaning. Then all of the 13th packing and cleaning (worked from 7:30 - 4:30 then packed, moved and cleaned from 5:30 - till 5am the next day).

    Closed on the old house on the 15th. Then drove to Austin for the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5K.

    Here is my edited GoPro footage from the run.



    The next week was Christmas and rain and snow so I didn't get to work her. (I miss having a garage already, she is in the grass, until the ground is dry I'm not sure when I will be able to get a jack efficiently under her)

    This past weekend Jaxon has been sick + more rain.

    This weekend, maybe, just maybe she will live again. I'm pretty sure I know where the power steering leak is, I just have not looked at the car to confirm it.

    -John

  2. #142
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    Not a whole lot to update.

    Life has been crazy at work, I've been doing 10-12 hours a day with a 14 hour day yesterday for the last few weeks. That will continue until after our Annual Meeting at the end of the month. That + a soon to be 6 month old I have had zero time to do anything I want. But after the Annual meeting I will then some free time.

    The power steering "leak" was me being a dumb ass. We did the power steering delete, but I didn't fill back up my reservoir. So, I topped off the fluid and that fixed that issue.

    I drove the car around just because I couldn't help my self. She felt great at my new wastegate (12psi). The oil leak is pretty bad and will need to be buttoned up properly before any real driving. Pretty sure it is from the front oil braided return line. I cross threaded the connector. Hopefully that is the only place it is leaking from. Will know for sure once I get her back up in the air a little bit.

    I got another storage unit, moved the rest of our stuff out of Tiffany's parents garage, so once I do have time I have room in a garage to work.

    As for our new home, we are still looking at an May completion for the build.

    I'm planning to have her back road worthy by the end of March. Then tune and dyno soon after.

    Also, just picked up a set of '99 volume 1 and 2 manuals off of eBay. I have the full electronic versions. But I wanted the real ones for my collection.

    Also, here are some pics of my little awesome time stealer. These are from last Sunday.





    -John
    Last edited by J-Groove; 02-14-2013 at 02:17 PM.

  3. #143
    Have the NEED 4 SPEED.. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    What a handsome little dude.. our next generation 3s enthusiast in the making..
    3s Less Forever hate to say it...not going to get sucked in again..

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to IronmanTT For This Useful Post:


  5. #144
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    Still no work, but I keep buying parts.

    Picked up a new black leather shift and ebrake boot. My stock one was looking bad.

    Also got a pair of new OEM side markers.

    And just ordered up a stainless steal allen bolt engine bay dress up kit.

    I Need my garage back so I can start getting my car back together and on the road.

    That said, the new garage is coming along very well. We are set to close on April 30th.



    -John

  6. #145
    DR-750 club Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

    Location
    Portland, Texas
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 172 Times in 124 Posts
    Looking very nice John.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

  7. #146
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Groove View Post
    Still no work, but I keep buying parts.

    Picked up a new black leather shift and ebrake boot. My stock one was looking bad.

    Also got a pair of new OEM side markers.

    And just ordered up a stainless steal allen bolt engine bay dress up kit.

    I Need my garage back so I can start getting my car back together and on the road.

    That said, the new garage is coming along very well. We are set to close on April 30th.



    -John
    Looking good. Remain patient! My wife and I just sold our house in Huntsville and we're looking for houses at our new stomping grounds but it's a tough go in a small town like this, so my Talon sits outside my parents' house untouched. That said, I couldn't work on it too much anyway with the twins about to be a year old and crawling/walking all over the place.

    April 30th isn't too far away! Now is a great time to build if you're looking to settle down for awhile.

  8. #147
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    House is looking good John.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  9. #148
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    Only 2nd weekend of having a garage again and I have an update.

    Jester came over on Saturday to give me a hand. I had two cars down, my daily Sonata (been driving the Wife's Juke to work the last few months) and my VR-4.

    Jester tackled the VR-4 (front oil return line leak, front fender alignment) and I did the Sonata (new pads and rotors, oil change). And for one of those rare garage moments, everything went as expected.

    Once Adam wrapped up the VR-4 we took her for a ride and did some data logging. After the run Adam worked on my tune as I continued to work on the brakes on the Sonata. We went out for 4-5 data logging runs and now have the car running like she is stock. Boost is at wastegate, even though the springs should be at 12psi, she was only hitting 7psi. But this tune is good enough for me to drive around on.

    Now I need to get her ready for MOD (which I won best 3000GT at last year ). This includes putting on all of the new plastic pieces I have in the trunk, a lot of cleaning and polishing. I also need to calibrate my LC1 wideband properly so I can really start tuning and be able to pass Dallas emissions legally.

    After MOD I'll be doing the brakes, a lot of powder coating in the engine bay, getting her dent free, new leather, new antenna (this may come before MOD) and most importantly for this thread TUNING.

    Try to hit my goal of 500 AWHP on 93 pump gas. I'll be going for as high as I can go safely and reliably and will be happy with where ever I end up. But to hit 500 will be awesome.



  10. #149
    SoSoCal verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Groove View Post

    This includes putting on all of the new plastic pieces I have in the trunk
    Paint them black with plastic paint, it looks 100% better.

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Groove View Post
    . I also need to calibrate my LC1 wideband properly
    U will be doing that for the rest of your life lol-Ditch it! No calibrating with PLX!

  11. #150
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DuTTch View Post
    Paint them black with plastic paint, it looks 100% better.
    Hadn't thought about that. Good call!

    Quote Originally Posted by DuTTch
    U will be doing that for the rest of your life lol-Ditch it! No calibrating with PLX!
    Just looked up the PLX, it states that it needs to be calibrated as well.

    I haven't even calibrated the LC1 yet, just using it as a narrow band and is working great. But want to make sure it is 100% before turning up the boost.

    -John

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering