Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 942

Thread: The 2012 College Football thread!!!

  1. #101
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Good ol' RichRod...to hell with everything about that guy. I hope he fails so hard at Arizona, which is a pretty safe bet considering he's already made the excuse for the next two seasons.

    “I’ll know we’ve arrived when we can play poorly and win,” Rodriguez says. “Right now, we’re not good enough to play poorly and win any of our games. We’re not going to be there this year. We won’t be there next year, as well.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  2. #102
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan92RTTT View Post
    I can't wait for the first game of the season. But knowing its against Alabama(thanks Rich Rod ) I just pray we don't get totally blown out.
    From what little I've read about 'Bama, this is a bit of a reloading year for them and they're likely to stumble a few times. I've also seen that they have 3, 1st or 2nd team pre-season all Americans on the offensive line... So I hope Michigan has some depth on the defensive line.
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

  3. #103
    Administrator Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    02/1998

    Location
    Madison Heights, Mi
    Posts
    2,958
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 675 Times in 255 Posts
    Rich Rod left us paper for D. Brady has been doing what he can to fix that but he's got a way to go. IIRC most of our D is 1st and 2nd year players.

  4. #104
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    That's the RR way...who cares about defense? Seems he may have started to figure that one out, since he grabbed our defensive staff(for the record, he wanted them to go to UofM also). Those guys were long time Mountaineers, but I gots no love for them now. Hell, they even took pay cuts to follow the fraud...idiots.

    Jeremy

  5. #105
    The one. The only. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

    Location
    SWPA
    Posts
    4,042
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 699 Times in 529 Posts
    J I haven't even been paying attention. What base Defense are the Eers going to run this year?

    [06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

  6. #106
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    The Longhorn Network is killing me. I mean, I love the damn thing... I watched an hour of HD practice coverage last night via a secret youtube channel and will do the same tonight... But man, the first 2 games are on the damn LHN and none of the major cable providers have agreed to ESPN's overly aggressive pricing. So I called my ticket guy (always has killer seats at relatively reasonable prices) and I'm looking at spending $100++ per ticket to at least the first game (vs Wyoming). I found shitty online streams to watch the 2 LHN games last season, but that was horrible.

  7. #107
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
    im sure espn is charging an insane amount for just two texas games...

    We were able to go the bars and watch the game for the beginning of the big 10... But the big 10 was 10 teams joke games... alot of people wanted to see those week after week so the cable guys caved in finally.

    The bars were packed for the first 3 weeks, that was pretty out of hand and fun actually.
    real 3s'ers have NoCar transfer cases...

  8. #108
    Have the NEED 4 SPEED.. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    BIG 12 should be very entertaining to watch this year as well as seeing TX AM get their asses handed to them in the SEC should be entertaining as well..
    3s Less Forever hate to say it...not going to get sucked in again..

  9. #109
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    J I haven't even been paying attention. What base Defense are the Eers going to run this year?
    The base set is a 3-4, but we can switch to a 4-3 instantly. There's some hybrid LB positions as well. The secondary has much more freedom in this new D, and the players say they understand this defense better than the stack. There will be lots of disguised formations...and blitzing, FINALLY! From everything I've read (a lot), I'm confident our defense will be at least 'good'.

    Can not wait to destroy Marshall. This will be the 1st game in 3 years that Doc doesn't know shit about our offense or defense. I anticipate an Orange Bowl type score.

    Jeremy

  10. #110
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Posts
    1,668
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 388 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    The base set is a 3-4, but we can switch to a 4-3 instantly. There's some hybrid LB positions as well. The secondary has much more freedom in this new D, and the players say they understand this defense better than the stack. There will be lots of disguised formations...and blitzing, FINALLY! From everything I've read (a lot), I'm confident our defense will be at least 'good'.
    I haven't read this yet, but I'm sure it's good: 2012 West Virginia Football Preview: Mountaineer State of The Union - Barking Carnival

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering