Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: looking for a reputable shop for 60K maintenance on '99 VR near southern MI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    looking for a reputable shop for 60K maintenance on '99 VR near southern MI

    The '99 VR4 is probably going to turn over 60K miles this year and want to make sure I get the 60K maintenance done. If the car was not in a condo garage where it's so tight I can't even use a jack I would probably attempt it. I'm comfortable under the hood of most vehicles however I've never gone very deep into the VR4 and don't want to ruin a motor by doing something wrong with this. So I'm looking for a reputable shop that has actually worked on these motors before to take the car to in Michigan. 3sx performance is a solid 650miles away or that would be my default choice. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I thought this was the most relevant place to put it.

    Thanks

    P

  2. #2
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    TN
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 150 Times in 101 Posts
    IPS motorsports is in Ohio... *I think* I would trust them to do the 60K.

  3. #3
    Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    October 2009

    Location
    Ithaca, Mi.
    Posts
    2,755
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    605
    Thanked 190 Times in 131 Posts
    Xccelerated Performance Automotive

    Located in Northville, MI

  4. #4
    Thanks for the quick replies.


    @2fnloud: Have you dealt with this company before? Xccelerated Performance Automotive is literally 3 miles from where I work so that would be perfect.

  5. #5
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
    Jeff(Xccelerated) is definitely one that can be trusted.

    Jason

    Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's

  6. #6
    Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    October 2009

    Location
    Ithaca, Mi.
    Posts
    2,755
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    605
    Thanked 190 Times in 131 Posts
    Thank you Jason. Yes Jeff runs a great shop.

  7. #7
    Banned verified ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fnloud View Post
    Thank you Jason. Yes Jeff runs a great shop.
    Dito!

  8. #8
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Another vote of confidence for Xcellerated. You'll be in very good hands.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  9. #9
    Administrator Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    02/1998

    Location
    Madison Heights, Mi
    Posts
    2,958
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 675 Times in 255 Posts
    Jeff does any work on my cars that I can not do.

    Full confidence.

  10. #10
    I don't own a VR4! Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2007

    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
    Jeff just did all of my major maintenance on all of my 3/Ses and I had no issues.
    Your 1993 Dodge Stealth is one of 6351 that received VIN numbers. Based on the order of the serial numbers, your car was the 5212nd out of the 6351 that were made that year.
    Your car was built in the 3rd week of February 1993. Of the 47380 vehicles made at the Nayoga plant, your car was the 40537th vehicle to be created that year.
    There are 281 other cars that were made with both the same interior and exterior color. There are 779 cars with the same exterior color and 2316 cars with the same interior color.
    Note: The production order is assigned based on the order of the serial number.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering