So I thought I had finished up my car back in May. But while installing the timing belt I made a n00b mistake and installed the tonar ring 180* out. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it for the life of me so I bit the bullet and took it to a shop. Not just any shadetree mechanic either, I took it to the one speed shop local who builds and runs race cars. I thought I'd be in good hands...

Months pass, it's race season so I shrug it off. Finally I get my car back in the end of July. He found and fixed the problem, and reset the timing for me. Wonderful. Only set me back like $600. I tow it home and finish putting it together. Touchup stuff, replacing fuel lines, adjusting clutch ETC...
08/08 and the car is 100% done. I start her up and let it warm up. No leaks, sounds great. Awesome.

I run it down the road once, and the first time I hit 5k RPMS she backfires, sputters and dies. Jumped time. Great.

I call the guy and explain the situation. He sounds very pensive and tells me if I drop it off he'll try and take a look at it.

Whatever, I'm already out $600, let's see if he'll make this right. Well that was back in August, like the tenth I believe. He still has yet to look at the car, citing he's too busy. I know he's busy and all, but he already has my money and I'm out a drivable vehicle. It's not really worth getting a lawyer involved over the $600 or the $1000 it would cost me to repair the likely damage. Also college started back up, so I'm basically piss poor broke at this point.

What to do? Tow the car out of there and put it up for the winter? Sell it? Wait for him to get off his ass and look at it (hopefully before it snows) and then try to get him to stand behind his work?

I feel kind of embarrassed even having to post this. I'm nearly fed up with my hunk of junk. Haven't driven the car more than 100miles since the 300mi ride home two years ago...